Where to rewrap recaro seats???

AvexTrax

1,500 RPM
Apr 1, 2005
Bangi/PandanJY
i want to know where to rewrap recaro seat with its original cloth...

if anyone know where to do it..

dont hesitate to tell me n if can plzz tell me the rewrap cost...

thanx

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
How about Recaro Malaysia?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
V-Spec said:
How about Recaro Malaysia?
I called Recaro Malaysia to ask about this as well sometime back (how to clean the seat) and got the following information...quite useful and SCARY also (Price)

The guy told me they DO NOT SELL/ Unable to Supply OEM Recaro seat in any market.

Meaning like if you have Evo or Proton Recaro, if wanna refurbish, buy NEW (e.g kena stolen or koyak) we have to GET BACK to Mitsubishi or Proton to order from them since these seat are "copyright protected "....only them are entitle to sell but not Recaro itself. He quote there's been alot customer asking them about this (like Putra seat kena stolen)...but they can't help. Need to direct them back to OEM.

Also he told me these fabric is NOT from Recaro but custom design and made by the OEM. They only supply the seat frame and do the assembly work for these car maker.

Like Evo 9 seat he quoted me cost around RM24K JUST FOR A FRONT PAIR and if wanna buy need to like order from MMC Malaysia > MMC Japan > Recaro > MMC Japan > MMC Malaysia > Customer

For Proton, full set front and rear will cost about RM9K .....i asked him do they carry similar design seat like our Recaro. He said got but with Recaro own fabric and colour...price is like RM1400 or RM1900 each front unit excluding rail sad.gif (Europe car rail will be much more expensive)

OK, Let's talk about cleaning now, he told me use ANY fabric cleaning in market will do...way to clean is SPRAY the cleaning to the fabric and wipe until satisfy. Then VACUMN until it dry since when you spray and the dirt will FLOAT...so if you let it dry automatically it will absorb back to the fabric = never clean.

For refurbish price like Proton Recaro, they charged around RM1200 a pair or per unit (can't remember)....replace foam or partial fabric also same price..

That's all i can remember. HOpe this help everyone

Oh ya..Recaro is using fabric that supply from Alcantara www.alcantara.it or http://www.ultrasuede.com/products/automotive/oem/

RECARO South East Asia Sdn. Bhd.
No.30, Jalan PJS 11/16,
Sunway Technology Park,
46150 Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Phone: +60/(0)3/5636 2845
Fax: +60/(0)3/5631 2885
E-Mail: [email protected]

Last BUT NOT LEAST, he TOLD ME TO PARK the car in SAFE place to avoid eye attraction !!! Guys, Take good care of your car and seats !!! Very expensive stuff

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
I think i have some contact list of some shop provide rewrap service and they claim they can do it with very attractive and the fabric is original (how true i dunno la)...but gimme time. I post tonight since it's at my home PC kekeke...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
AvexTrax ,
Here you go the info i have...got it from somewhere sometime back

The shop is in Taman Perindustrian Puchong. As you are approaching from Bukit Jalil, turn left before the Shell Station. Go straight all the way and you will see the row of shops on your right.

The corner shop is a Tuning Garage called OMS Motorsports. KAZE is on the second floor.

For front seats: RM350 per seat (Any and All Models)

For rear seats: RM500

For front and back seats: RM1200 INCLUDING all 4 door panels.

For sports steering wheel : RM200 using REAL Italian Leather

They use 100% Original Recaro fabric, plus the Recaro wordings. You can cusomize the colour combination as you like and you can even mix and match as you see fit.All the work comes with a warranty and these guys do a great job!The price is very competative and before you comment, drop by their shop and have a first hand look at the quality in mention.

They are currently specializing on Recaro but are also going to move towards other makes like SPARCO, BRIDE, OMP and others.

They also do leather upholstery and a host of other interior work. Top notch stuff!

Steering rewrap using PVC = RM120
WHOLE car (Normal Sedan) using PVC (High Grade) = +/-RM1K
WHOLE car (Normal Sedan) using Leather (Italian) = +/-RM2.5K

I don't have their actual address nor contact no..but you may try the direction i gave you :)

Good luck mate !

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Ok, this might sound funny, but I think the fella you were talking with do not know much about their own products.

All Recaro / Bride / Sparco / OMP etc seats comes with their own ( meaning : own company ) trim! They will never get the trim from any car manufacturers who wants to have Recaro's inside their production car. Usually, the said car manufacturer will ask Recaros what kind of seats and trim they can supply for a certain price, that they can add to the car's asking price. Then, Recaro will give a few designs according to the budget and the car manufacturer will choose which one they want lah. You think Proton got the actual trim used for Putra's and GTi's Recaros? Nope!

The trim ( and the front seats ) you see on Recaro seats for Putra and GTi, actually came all the way back from the early 90's called Recaro Enjoy, a very basic Recaro reclining sports seat. Proton got 'em for cheap. Heheh.

The best Recaros come from, not Germany, or Italy, but Japan. They have all these crazy trims and thread colours, especially those produced in conjunction for Autobacs ASM ( or something like Autobacs Sekon - Han, but these Recaros ain't 2nd hand! ). Crazy full dark grey Alcantara trim with contrasting red thread pipings, very2 nice.

And don't forget Recaro TS-G and RS-G, the only unique Recaros ( and also currently the latest Recaro ) made only by Recaro Japan, and currently only available in Japan.

On the cases of : refurbishing Recaro's for certain car models ( Evo, Putra, Type R models etc ). It's impossible to do so, unless there's a shop locally who can get access to the trim / cloth used for these particular Recaros, then maybe can re-do lah.

The price for Recaros like the fella quoted for you is right on track though. But RM 9k just to retrim front seats? Now that's plain bullshit.

And no, not all Recaros use Alcantara my friend. That stuff is expensive! Only certain Recaros get this yummy treatment.

g88 said:
I called Recaro Malaysia to ask about this as well sometime back (how to clean the seat) and got the following information...quite useful and SCARY also (Price)

The guy told me they DO NOT SELL/ Unable to Supply OEM Recaro seat in any market.

Meaning like if you have Evo or Proton Recaro, if wanna refurbish, buy NEW (e.g kena stolen or koyak) we have to GET BACK to Mitsubishi or Proton to order from them since these seat are "copyright protected "....only them are entitle to sell but not Recaro itself. He quote there's been alot customer asking them about this (like Putra seat kena stolen)...but they can't help. Need to direct them back to OEM.

Also he told me these fabric is NOT from Recaro but custom design and made by the OEM. They only supply the seat frame and do the assembly work for these car maker.

Like Evo 9 seat he quoted me cost around RM24K JUST FOR A FRONT PAIR and if wanna buy need to like order from MMC Malaysia > MMC Japan > Recaro > MMC Japan > MMC Malaysia > Customer

For Proton, full set front and rear will cost about RM9K .....i asked him do they carry similar design seat like our Recaro. He said got but with Recaro own fabric and colour...price is like RM1400 or RM1900 each front unit excluding rail sad.gif (Europe car rail will be much more expensive)

OK, Let's talk about cleaning now, he told me use ANY fabric cleaning in market will do...way to clean is SPRAY the cleaning to the fabric and wipe until satisfy. Then VACUMN until it dry since when you spray and the dirt will FLOAT...so if you let it dry automatically it will absorb back to the fabric = never clean.

For refurbish price like Proton Recaro, they charged around RM1200 a pair or per unit (can't remember)....replace foam or partial fabric also same price..

That's all i can remember. HOpe this help everyone

Oh ya..Recaro is using fabric that supply from Alcantara www.alcantara.it or http://www.ultrasuede.com/products/automotive/oem/

RECARO South East Asia Sdn. Bhd.
No.30, Jalan PJS 11/16,
Sunway Technology Park,
46150 Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Phone: +60/(0)3/5636 2845
Fax: +60/(0)3/5631 2885
E-Mail: [email protected]

Last BUT NOT LEAST, he TOLD ME TO PARK the car in SAFE place to avoid eye attraction !!! Guys, Take good care of your car and seats !!! Very expensive stuff

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Interesting. Original 100% Recaro fabric, plus the Recaro wording? Sample pic would be nice, as it's a bit far to drive just to check the quality firsthand. Anyway, the price seems nice. If the fella can do the same trim as EG6 ( chequered black / red ) I would love to do this on my car's roof trim!

g88 said:
AvexTrax ,
Here you go the info i have...got it from somewhere sometime back

The shop is in Taman Perindustrian Puchong. As you are approaching from Bukit Jalil, turn left before the Shell Station. Go straight all the way and you will see the row of shops on your right.

The corner shop is a Tuning Garage called OMS Motorsports. KAZE is on the second floor.

For front seats: RM350 per seat (Any and All Models)

For rear seats: RM500

For front and back seats: RM1200 INCLUDING all 4 door panels.

For sports steering wheel : RM200 using REAL Italian Leather

They use 100% Original Recaro fabric, plus the Recaro wordings. You can cusomize the colour combination as you like and you can even mix and match as you see fit.All the work comes with a warranty and these guys do a great job!The price is very competative and before you comment, drop by their shop and have a first hand look at the quality in mention.

They are currently specializing on Recaro but are also going to move towards other makes like SPARCO, BRIDE, OMP and others.

They also do leather upholstery and a host of other interior work. Top notch stuff!

Steering rewrap using PVC = RM120
WHOLE car (Normal Sedan) using PVC (High Grade) = +/-RM1K
WHOLE car (Normal Sedan) using Leather (Italian) = +/-RM2.5K

I don't have their actual address nor contact no..but you may try the direction i gave you :)

Good luck mate !

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
ace79,
I am just passing the message :D.....

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Beautiful! Update us yah, if possible bring your digicam and take some pics!

AvexTrax said:
rite..no probs..will try to look the workmanship first

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Anyone here have experience different reading when dynoing with different gear(example 3rd or 4th or 5th) on a Dynojet?

Knowing that dynojet utilizing fix mass and how fast(time) to accelerate the dyno roller,so I was thinking if we were to use lower gear,examples 3rd gear ,we may have better acceleration/shorter timer compare to dyno with 4th or 5th due to shorter gear ratio which may lead to higher whp reading?
I heard some tuner will use gear with gear ratio near to 1,but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience