what happen if turbo suck in the water

bongweeyap

Known Member
i m driving a L2s, now i want to install a cool air intake.
but i wondering if raining how arrrrr:shocked: ????
what will going to happen if the turbo suck in the raining water????

As for me... the waters didn't effect the turbo, but it may effect the engine idling or perfomance at the first place.... stalling.... miss fire... and if the quantity of the waters sucked in too much... then your engine would suddenlly stop.... and the worse thing is... the engine woudn't start unless..... you clean the spark plug...

but i see a lot of ppl put their cool air intake behind the grill of the bumper.
i see one kancil put the intake at the hole where it usually being used for open the oil filter. plan to do that too.
but scare water masuk.
valve, any possible way to prevent or reduce the water go into air intake???

Well... bongweeyap, that kind of question got high level than what I have.... of course there is way to reduce it... but it need some1 that really creative and pro in modification... otherwise your engine would be at risk...

valve said:
... and if the quantity of the waters sucked in too much... then your engine would suddenlly stop.... and the worse thing is... the engine woudn't start unless..... you clean the spark plug...
If the quantity is even more, your valves will bend and sometimes also piston damage.

if in guysr point of view, will u where u wana to put ur cool air intake???
or u don't want to put.

As for me.... I rather not to install cool air intake... especially when that car u need for daily used... just concentrate on the intercooler... get a bit bigger and put it front mounted.....

lots of people do CAI already, and i dont think the CAI will route the water directly into the intake...the water/rain would stick to the CAI inner wallls and will disperse slowly... it wont be like water hose u use in ur garden one...
second of all, CAI is just a long piece of bended aluminium hose, to direct cold air towards the air filter... in some cases, no filter at all... it is not connected directly the the intake/air filter... so, even if u pour the water thru the CAI opening, there would still be some gap/distance between the end of the CAI and ur airfilter....of cos some would end up on ur airfilter la, but i doubt the quantity can affect ur engine tremendously.....consider also the air turbulence inside the CAI b4 it reaches the end, i dont think the water can fly thru it without hitting the wall first la..most CAI would have a bottom-up setup...so, do u really think the water can go up the bend and enter the air intake??
if its done correctly, there's nothing to be worried about...:shades_smile:

clear explaination stroker_kit.i paln to install CAI directly form turbine without air filter. is it ok????
cox i saw other Kcar fellow did it.
one end of CAI mout on the turbine, and one end leave it behind the front gril

erm, i suggest you only do that if you are going for drag or something, for everyday use, i dun think its a good idea, cause all shit also can go into your turbine mar like that, rosak ooo......

if u plan not to use air filter at all, then u'll have to be more carefull...
like gavan said, advisable only if ur going for a drag event...
on the road, there's a lot of other stuff that could end up in ur CAI...stuffs such as small rock(pebbles), leaf, small screw lying on the road etc... if this things manage to go inside ur turbine, sure will casue some huge damage... unless if u use an air filter or some kind(fine metal netting-try ur local hardware store, they should have it) which can block small rocks, then that could do the trick...

any nice air flow filter???
cox i m thinking of getting the cool air into my engine.
cox at the hot afternoon, my car is loosing lot of the power:sad_smile:
exspecially when i wanted to accelerate.
wahhhh really slow man:cry_smile:
so i wnat to find a way out to reduce loosing power.
that why i wanted to put CAI

any sifu here can help me?????