wanting to buy ........

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
hi all, newbie here, it's been great to read all your posts and viewing pics of your airtreks.
i am interested in buying one myself, any advice/tips??
recently saw a 2003 model reg 2004, 1 owner with 136K kms.
what do you guys think?
interior looks great, exterior looks great, haven't driven it yet, so don't know how it is.
started the engine and it seems to sound ok, although i'm not sure what sounding ok is......!
engine bay looks clean.
tires are not the same all around.
supposedly lady driven.
car is not detailed or washed yet since it still belongs to owner and used car helping to sell.
so, without the oily shiny detailed panels and steering wheel, the car looks good.
at the moment, i'm not looking for mods, just want to drive stock for awhile.
if buying a car this old and as many km's, what do you guys think will need to be done after buying?
change brake pads, belts, all fluids, shocks.......etc????
any comments???? btw, this will be my only ride, no 2nd car.
thanks in advance for your help. :driver:

Welcome to ZTH-MAC bro.

Do a bit of reading in this forum, you'll be able to find a lot of useful information for new potential buyer like yourself. :)

If you're in KL, I suggest you bring the car to our famous Airtrek mechanic at Kinrara. He'll help you check the condition of the car.

thanks a lot bro stutz!
do used car dealers usually let the potential buyer take the car for an inspection?
in my limited xperience buying used cars, i don't think they are open to this.
what if he does not agree to let the car go out, furthermore, the car still belongs to the owner and the dealer just helping to sell...........

Some seller allows but they'll tag along for sure. Some doesn't. Well, if they are seriously to sell, I'm sure u all can work things out right? Always remember, yr not buying a brand new car, so u hv to expect some aging issues. Good luck bro.

Top Bottom