Viper gets new venom for 2012

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

After the last Dodge Viper rolled off the assembly line, the interwebs kicked into warp drive and started spinning out the usual array of rumours about the end of the model or a replacement based on the Alfa 8C Competizione.

However, following a dealers convention in September at Florida, a concept of the next snake was unveiled to a convention center full of car salesmen, who history have portrayed as talkative, to say the least.

Autoweek spoke to a number of those present and have come out with a sketch of the next Viper that will strike in 2012. The theme was identified quite quickly, distinctively Italian with an unmistakable American presence. It was to be sexy yet muscular.

The concept shown was swathed in red with LEDs sprinkled around. Leaning towards the sexy side, the windows had a teardrop shape with more apparent curves and flares all around, with a very distinct Italian touch from the A-pillar onwards. Dimension wise, the little birdies tweeted that it was quite similar to the recently ended model.

So far, powertrain details are a big blank, but a V10 powerplant has always been the signature of the Viper, so expect a V10 with equally large displacement to find its way under the hood of the new snake in the pit.

Source: AutoWeek

Attachments

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
wow this viper's kinda nice! i nvr fancied the prev versions, esp the one with that 3 spoke wheels.

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
It looked like S2K to me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I owned a second hand 2013 Japanese spec Lexus IS250...However, its audio which includes the FM/AM, Bluetooth, Navigation, hands-free phone system, automatic air conditioning system & other functions are all in Japanese...That is its menu are all in Japanese which makes it difficult/impossible for me to do a set up & also settings....I was told once that in order to convert it to English display & language, i need to replace the audio system "motherboad" to English version which will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience