Vios 1.5G vs Civic ES 1.7 - opinion needed..

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
hi all,

i'm planning to buy used family car,budget was below 55k,now looking at dis 2 models.. both got similar spec n each got pro n contras,dis car will be use daily by my wife to work.. headache now coz some frenz suggest honda n some suggest toyota.. :banghead:

vios 1.5G -
- 1.5 vvti engine
- fc very nice
- year 2003-2004 (6-7 years old)
- hi loan up to 9 years,lower installment

civic es 1.7 -
- 1.7 vtec
- fc similar to vios (isit true?)
- year 2001-2002 (8-9 years old)
- loan onli 7 years,higher installment

my target of coz honda,hehe.. but a bit confuse now,pls help me.. :confused:

well, it really depends on what you want, both cars will serve your basic needs as both have 4 doors and a boot. For vios, i would say interior will be slightly smaller, kinda cramped for the rear seats. Interior build quality would definately be the civic and also unless you don't mind having the speedo in the middle(vios) the civic would be a better choice. One major considerations for some is that civic is made in Japan while the vios is made in Thailand. Having said all these, the choice is still ultimately yours, do a test drive for both cars and make sure to check if they have gotten into any serious accidents before and then finally make sure you are comfortable with the installment and be happy with your choice :)

Vios quite quick tho, considering people will think VTEC is better, I think 0-100 below 10 seconds for the Vios(like, 9 secs). For 1.5l quite commendable leh.

But build quality the Civic will win. I'd take the Civic anyday over the vios.

Id take the civic over the vios, looks nicer... :love:

The vios really really reminds me of a dugong, I have no idea why, and oh the civic also handles better. Take a test drive and see how it feels!

Vios quite quick tho, considering people will think VTEC is better, I think 0-100 below 10 seconds for the Vios(like, 9 secs). For 1.5l quite commendable leh.

But build quality the Civic will win. I'd take the Civic anyday over the vios.

yea pretty impressive for a 1.5L car...its prob 9+ for the manual...the auto one will take 10+ alittle, but then its so quick cause of its weight, it is only ard 950+ for the manual and about 1000kg for the auto but one commendable thing will be the excellent FC which ranges from 14km/l to 18km/l on the average

difficult to compare this two car... r.tax also different price range already.. in term of size n interior comfort the vios loose... but to use for workhorse n u dont need much space.. the Vios is a great car... for fuel efficiency get the vios...

Honda Civic ES 1.7 Vtec FTW, better yet get the 2.0 i-vtec
vios like dugong larrr:biggrin:

i honestly dont think the civic's handling is better than the vios. personally, i drive the civic everyday, and its like a freaking motor boat. comfortable, yes, but its not built to take corner mauts as the absorbers are on the softer/comfort side.

vios on the other hand, haven't whacked it at corners before because i only drive it to breakfast/dinner. driving wise, the vios is more fun as the car is definitely more powerful (power : weight ).

fuel saving? my money is on the vios. i get an average of 400-450km per full tank for the civic (approx 70-75 ringgit) on average. i do alot of city driving.

on the other hand, my sister often tells me she hits 500-550km on her full tank. city driving as well.

u be the judge

The pre-facelift models are damn bouncy/stiff... after adding in ultra racing ARB's has helped both tho :)

I likeee the 7th gen civic!

haha..thanks guyz 4 ur input,now back to confuse again..

just sit wit my foreman discuss on dis n he said NO to civic 1.7,on size yes it wins but on maintenance,spare part can kill me soon..

i'm thinking on 1st gen vios coz my budget was around 50k onli,yes it wins on fc n handling,i personally had travel to penang wit vios b4,4 passengers,speeding 160-170kmh still stable..

my current ride is wira wit 1.8 na,all jdm parts,hehe.. of coz goes to 1.5,auto summore will giv a lot different rite?? n i think vios interior space similar to wira,civic large a bit..

hmm..my heart wanna civic but better take my foreman advise rite?? now confuse to buy vios or just remain on my wira,or maybe go to EK..?? btw my wife use my car daily to work..

my 50cents opinion...

vios :
good for

-economic fuel consumption :driver:
-powerful pickup
-cheaper spareparts
-handling/cornering .. i can say WoW..!! 8.5/10
-quite engine :slug:

bad for
-rear interior space
-mybe as u say like dugong
-old fashion design :banghead:
-???
-girl for sure no 'pandang u'

honda
good for

-body for sure cun laa
-small touch easy to look more nicer (accessories)
-stable on highway
-girl for sure 'pandang u' laaa :itsme:
-bigger space

bad for
-expensive spareparts :stupid:
-sensitive engine
-handling 6/10
-high petrol consumption :rofl:

so u decide urself.. not looking for others decision...
others can advice only..
who's gonna pay for m/instalment..? it's u..!!

p.s : i already used my toyota seg since 2000 until now.. :smokin:
love that car very much.. now its time to let go..
( already advertise in car for sale - search: TOYOTA COROLLA SEG LEVIN 1.6 )

and now looking for vios 08... :biggrin:

Im driving Vios '03 and bro using civic 1.7. compare this 2 car... 100% u won't regret to buy vios. power more then civic. vios FC 500km for full tank with 17" rim.

1_598032941l.jpg

500km for full tank wit 17"?? very surprising lol, i just planning to put 16" but ur 17" edi, hehe.. anyway nice ride bro..
yesterday take 1 day 'visiting' used car around klang n kl, considering on people's n 'old timer' opinion n experience, finally.. vios got my vote!! haha.. but 1st model onli la, later need 2 join vios club la like dis, hahaha..

i think it's not fair to compare this 2 cars because of different category. i drive civic 1.7 before this and now driving vios. people always ask me wat do you think of your vios compare your civic? i say cannot compare lor, if vios is better then where got ppl buy civic with 20-30k higher price(new car price).

if money is a concern(maintenance, fuel, spare parts) then vios is definitely is your choice. if you want higher grade, then civic is your choice. I think civic fuel consumption is not bad, anytime better than my previous 1.3 wira manual(around 450km/40l town driving).ya, civic have very small fuel tank compare to car that is same category. civic will give you higher status a bit(vios is so much on the road like local car d). with little mod, it will look damn nice. driving vios and mod it make me feel like little kid cause so many youngsters mod their vios. so i also dun bother to mod it. built quality civic is much more better. body feel more solid. when driving vios, i feel like driving a more powerful myvi.

power and handling wise i can say vios is better. but driving feeling that you are driving a more expensive car sure is civic 1.7

yup,too many vios on road rite now,soon become like wira lol.. but wat can i do,my budget is tight n dis car will be use by my wife daily,need to sacrifice la,who know now cant go for es but soon can get fd,hehe..

Top Bottom