Urgent help for Honda Civic EG9 (SR4)

To TS (Thread starter), the Koyo 2 layer aluminium radiator with top and black fibre comes with 0.9 bar radiator cap. I believe it was brought from an online trader here.

Used it and notice the temperature a bit high on highway run. Changed to the 1.1 bar ND- Nippon Denso radiator cap (original pressure recommended by Honda from factory), the temp definately not as high as using 0.9 bar.

Why not try to change to correct radiator cap pressure first?

yeah, TS didnt give any feedback after last discussion .
we told him check the pump .
possible dead pump .
sorry for the late reply, the pump is working good, the temp raise cause of blockage of metal pieces, after washed the radiator, it's good... but problematic is the metal pieces show up again.. highly suspected is the impeller of the water pump eroded and get fragile due to previously use only plain water without coolant

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

To TS (Thread starter), the Koyo 2 layer aluminium radiator with top and black fibre comes with 0.9 bar radiator cap. I believe it was brought from an online trader here.

Used it and notice the temperature a bit high on highway run. Changed to the 1.1 bar ND- Nippon Denso radiator cap (original pressure recommended by Honda from factory), the temp definately not as high as using 0.9 bar.

Why not try to change to correct radiator cap pressure first?

yes, i bought one of the seller, the cap i changed to 1.1 bar when i got it new. anyway the problem is due to blockage of metal pieces stuck in the fin, i washed it and the temp is back to normal. but afte a while metal pieces found again. highly suspected the water pump impeller eroded. anyway thx for the advice. appreciate you guys help

sorry for TS for using his thread to ask bout my probs also bout temperature...is it ok if i use stopper instead of new hose for the one connecting the thermostate housing to nipple below the intake manifold?just wanna make sure it won't make harm to my engine...it looks like its just returning the hot water back to the engine without going through the rad....:wavey::smokin:

bro,use thermostat for optimum engine temp

plus,did the fan actually function properly?

check water pump..

and use recommended radiator cap if not mistake 1.1 rite?

recheck your cooling system since i suspected maybe tersumbat

just my opinion,good luck