underpowered Wira 1.5GL(A)

jaydee123

Known Member
I'm driving proton wira 1.5GL(A), which I feel now it quite underpowered. Excellaration is slow and gear change is also slow. Fuel consumption is on average.

Any comments from sifus to fix this problem?

flush n use better Automatic Transmission Fluid,
flush n use better Engine Oil

use High performance Dropin air filter with Direct CAI fo rbetter response....
use aftermarket extractor/bullet n correct size of piping for better flow-out.

Clean n Decarb ur TB for better throttle response and FC.

these should gv u a better driving oledi i guess.....:_:

All wira 1.5 GL (A) or 1.5 GLi (A) are underpowered! Fuel consumption is high too. High revs at high speed, thanks to the ancient gearbox which have 3speed.

yeah.. problematic wif wira 1.5 GL automatic transmission.. no power + high consumption of fuel oso.. :confused_smile:

my mom kinda switch car with her colleague once, 1.3L wira manual for a 1.5L wira auto, cuz her leg is injured and can't press the clutch.

for all i know, the response is terrible, can't feel any g-force, teribly high rev for normal driving, and it kinda gimme car sick (the feeling sitting inside that car.. dunno why)

huhh..1.5A is a heavy drinker. Got 1.5A company car back in 1999, damn heavy drinker. at that time, the new road linking Kemaman and kemasik was still not exist, naik bukit Kijal so God damn slow. Honda Ex5 faster than the car, huh...

How much u expect from this car?

All u said above sounds like ur car is not having any prob. is normal.

I have 1.5A Wira.. yes it is underpower by default BUT

with hi-rev driving, 4K to 6K RPM the response is quite good (florring the pedal most of the time), few of my friends was suprised to feel how good and fast it is.
It is fast, on trafic light, I'm always in front of other person (I'm talking about road, not drag or racing here ok).

oh.. important note:
Leaving to the car to decide in changing gear if you floored the pedal you will have something like this:
1st gear - max at 60kph
2nd gear - max at 90kph
3rd gear - on flat road is about 155kph

but if you are willing to play with the gear, you can someting like this (touching the redline):
1st gear - max at 90kph
2nd gear - max at 115kph
3rd gear - 155kph - limited by the air drag
because it will allow you to have rpm up to the red line 6500. with this you'll feel the power!

but pity to the engine and yes fuel comsuption trade of. Not sure if how long the engine can last with that kind of driving though.

I'm not a proton engineer who design or test the engine, just a driver to use it, so use this guide at your own risk.

and don't tell your mom that I told you this ;)

- be Good & Safe on Roads

actually, the power of 4g15 is good enough... jz that the auto gearbox let it down... high fuel consumption is vr much due to the 3speed gearbox...
but being having a 3speed gearbox also has its benefits.... like what truemax claimed, having jz 3speed, the gearbox ratio is quite small.... thus, when being on the high rev, u do feel the power coming in...

high rev = power = high fc....

How about if changing the 3 speed gearbox to a 4 speed? is it possible?

shay said:
How about if changing the 3 speed gearbox to a 4 speed? is it possible?

yeah, that's more like it.....y not install from mitsubishi evo 8 auto gearbox , since my engine also mitsubishi..:_:

1/2 cut of gsr or mivec from chop shop ~~~ or juz change to manual gear bah...

changing gearbox to 4g91 auto box my fren got ask b4...
but then some mech say can some say its more underpower...

well..
there's still exceptions for 4g15(A)...
my fren's 4g15(A) injection is able to do better 0-100 timing and top speed compared to my 4g91(M)...but mine seems to hav prob wif the clutch...
his mileage is also good...
my full tank onli 350 but his will give more than 400 no mater how he rev...
he can drag the gear till 7K rpm n do top speed on 190km/h on a straight road...

but he has done quite some mods on this engine la...
port n polish...
change extractor n muffler...
throtle body changed to 1.6 one...
k&n filter element...
change to 1.6 injector...which he says no difference...

well...all i can say is that...
kepala agong can do wonders!!!
hahaha...

but i agree wif the bloody 3 speed auto box la...
pick up slow...high rpm...
if my fren is using manual box which he is reluctant to change...i think its not a prob for this engine to reach 200km/h man....

good luck...
happy modding....

what calvin say is true 1...
cuz he got experian... own self driving a wira MONSTER!!!
wahahah...

kev...
i where got drive wira monster??
i think u remember wrongly la...
my 4g91 just transplant n its totally stock...
somemore suspecting got problem wif the clutch...
FC damn kao high...
top speed onli 160..wif some stupid annoying "woooooong"ing sound while doing 150...wtf man...
any sifu can help on this prob??

wat i mention is based on wat i hav experienced on my frens 4g15(A) la...
was quite shocked to see an always known lembap engine to hav suck good performance...

kev bro not same class wif me ma...
i mod to improve my car performance...
u going the executive way...buy good n luxury car n drive...
envy u la...so young driving accord d...
me driving a car that ppl will scrap in other countries...

haih...
life is sad man...
hahahaha

bro skywalker...
i think if my engine dun hav probs i'll be able to at least keep up wif him la...
but then my engine totally stock somemore wif probs...
his one on the other hand is problem-less n has been done up...
haih...wat to do...dun hav as deep pocket as him...
heehee

bro the 3speed gearbox really terrible..should put in museum....i am driving wira 1.3 carb manual previously n then try out frens 1.5 wira (a), really terrible man....worse than 1.3.........wira fuel injection is quite fuel saving but carburater is very poor....now i driving civic 1.7 wif 17" wheel, the fuel consumption is even better than driving stock 1.3 wira wif 13" rim..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom