Turbo-ing a 1.3 HC-E Engine?

Stock standard HCE can do 16.7, 0-400 metres with horespower roughly at 95 bhp. That HCE make 150bhp and did 14.6 best with 14.7-14.8 average.

teztozterone said:
Bro V8_nutter,

Yeah I guess you're right, practicallity usually is more important than anything

else, I'm opting for a change to the cb70, less troublesome...

And its easier for conversion too.. No need to worry about endorsement la

electronics la, compression la or even the mountings.. Just plug and play.

Dream Machine will most prolly do the conversion for me. The cb70 is about Rm3k

and workmanship is Rm1.2-1.3k. Total maybe about RM5k +/- with repairs

to halfcut engine .

Bro Speed Demon,

Sorry, will not be able to make it this Saturday, having some family event...

Irregardless of how much I love cars, family still 1st...:regular_smile:

To all tai ko,

meandmybitch, Speed Demon, V8_nutter and gavan...

Many thanks for your patience in educating me about turbo and NA engines and

also about electronics. I've learnt many new things. My resolution now is to get my

cb70, and will keep you guys updated on my car. Thanks again to you guys,

I'll be able to improve my ride further in the near future! Arigato-ghozai-mashta!

Cheers,
Tezt.

Tezt, does DM have the engine in stock all the time or we have to order? How long does the conversion take?

i know what u mean bro, but they really have a good rep and give good service :) plus, who can resist allan's smile? hoho..

Regarding the good service and all, I'm yet to see la, but the prices seem reasonable enough la... Allan's never really sure when the engine is coming, I'm still waiting for one, installation will take 10 days, I've just asked Allan yesterday.

Bro Speed Demon,

Do share if you have any sources for cb70's. Thanks

cheers!

Sorry to be a wet blanket Tez but personally I will not convert to a CB70/80 now. There are several reasons I say this:

1. The GTti is a very old car. So any GTti engine would most probably need an overhaul done.

2. Spare parts for the GTti are getting rarer. Daihatsu Japan has stopped production for GTti parts (actually it has been about 1 year already). Worse still, for even normal G100 chassis parts, Daihatsu Malaysia also has stopped production and no longer keep stock. Over the last few months I have wanted to replace some normal parts on my car and have been unable to get these parts. I have contacts to suppliers locally and even Singapore and all of them are unable to help me. Some parts are available in Japan as leftover stock but these are dwindling and are also more expensive and takes 2 - 3 months to get here.

For myself, I am slowly buying parts to keep as spare. Enough parts to do a complete rebuild of an engine. I currently have one complete spare engine and a GTti gearbox. I plan to buy some brand new parts like overhaul gasket set, piston rings, pistons etc but this will take time and money.

The reason I am doing this is because I plan to convert my Charade into a track car, so I expect my engine to expire after a short while. Having these spares will allow me to continue for perhaps a few more years. After that, my Charade heads for the graveyard or maybe I will put in another manufacturer's newer engine in it. I've now owned my Charade for 16 years (including this year), and it has been running with a CB70 for the last 6 years. So if I get a total of 20 years service out of it, I think it has served me faithfully.

My Charade has also acheived a lot of milestones. It still holds the officially fastest time for a 400m sprint in Malaysia, produces more than 200bhp at the flywheel and if things work out, will also be using nitrous.

As Tibun mentioned in another post, the days of the Daihatsu Charade are numbered. I really respect all those G11 owners out there.

Tezt,, it's true what speedy said, to save you from trouble it's better to find a newer engine such as 4e-fte or hce engine, less hassle. Since you're more a g-force man fit a 4e engine better, but i have no guarantee that JPJ will approve it. If it surely cannot be approve, just go for hce then.

For truly GTTI, yes i leave it to speedy cause he's got experience. He's modding it the right way, he's racing it and he got the fastest GTTI in Sepang (with charade body of course). Next time if you really want to mods an engine, do go to the right one coz thre's a lot of mr feel good tuner around.

i know which is ur car from the way u post, v8 nutter. hoho.. nice car btw

Bro V8_ nutter,

since a hc-e on a g100 body would be about the same age as a gtti's engine, wouldn't the spare parts be as scarce? Yup, I know 4e has good parts availabilty but then again, it is the endorsement issue again.. de-ja-vu... hahaha

Bro Speed Demon,

Yeah, I know that gtti parts are getting very rare in the market, but I mean, there should be enough parts in Malaysia to sustain me for another 3-5 years, right?
Given that I don't push it to the limit la, as in dragging. I just need the extra power for daily driving. Please advice..

Thanks bros,
Tezt.

teztozterone said:
Yeah, I know that gtti parts are getting very rare in the market, but I mean, there should be enough parts in Malaysia to sustain me for another 3-5 years, right?
Personally, I doubt it. I think some parts will still be available, but mostly none. I might be wrong. Try & talk to some spare part suppliers. Or else, do a total rebuild of your engine now. That will last you the next 5 years. But then other non-engine related parts might fail and you'll find it difficult to get parts for those.

Yeah bro, once I get my engine, I might have to rebuild an engine damn fast la,

since parts and time is running short, appreciate the advice bro. Thanks..

Can I find you if need help with some parts? =)

Cheers,
Tezt.

teztozterone said:
Yeah bro, once I get my engine, I might have to rebuild an engine damn fast la,

since parts and time is running short, appreciate the advice bro. Thanks..

Can I find you if need help with some parts? =)

Cheers,
Tezt.
Sure Tez....No problem. Will help as best as I can. :regular_smile:

teztozterone said:
Bro V8_ nutter,

since a hc-e on a g100 body would be about the same age as a gtti's engine, wouldn't the spare parts be as scarce? Yup, I know 4e has good parts availabilty but then again, it is the endorsement issue again.. de-ja-vu... hahaha

Tezt

i am one of the hc-e's user n i've been using it for almost 5 years. For parts, its still easy to find and some u can use fm toyota also. Some u can use kembara or rusa. For me hc-e give me satisfaction in term of power n realiability.

when im finish collecting money to buy a ggti, im afraid there will be none.. tetz..there are so many ppl driving charade whom have the same wish as u are..including me.. and the spare parts? are more rare than ggti hakat itself.

Bro ntahapahapantah,

Yes, I've heard of Hc-e's reliability, but still in terms of torque and power, it still loses out to the cb70, even on petrol consumption, cb70 is more economical. I might be wrong, but thats what I heard through other people's experience.. But of course, it may set me back a few hundred ringgits more... heheh.. Yeah, I know that Perodua and Toyota has some parts shared with Daihatsu ( my dad works in a company that supplies Perodua parts. ) I appreciate your opinion bro, I might revert back to 4e or Hc-e if I can't get a decent condition cb70. Thanks.

Bro spikys,

Who knows? We may get lucky.hahaha... The thing is, I already have my cash ready and I am just waithing for a good halfcut. I think spare parts are still available la, we just must know where to look.. cheers bro :)

Bro Speed Demon,

Thanks bro, Hope to be a proud owner of a cb70 soon!

Cheers to all,
Tezt.

Top Bottom