Turbo for satria neo?

oliverong

Jul 7, 2009
Is it safe to install turbo for a satria neo campro engine?instead of changin engines?

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
If I am not mistaken, the design of Campro engine is designed to be turbocharged, Just that the material used for the engine and crank is of considerable questioning.

oliverong

Jul 7, 2009
yea...i was wondering about that...not really sure that the engine can tahan the turbo or not...most ppl changed their engine to a mitsubishi engine before adding turbo...

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
change GSR better if budget allow
unless u wanna return the car in stock condition then BOT
coz a god BOT set can cost close to a GSR half cut

for POWER/PRICE ratio, the GSR bring a minimum power of 200hp

yes the engine can b BOT as long as u hav a good tuner n using piggyback like unichip else standalone ecu

true stock internal isn;t that satisfying, therefore u may consider only to boost yr car max to 0.4-0.5bar if u're doing so

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if your car still under warranty.. better not do anything yet.. for more power n for fun playing on long term.. its better to do a major engine transplant.. you can do a BOT with a low boost.. but the reliability of proton cars now a days especially mechanical department which could fail on you even on the 1st day of usage..

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
I have seen one campro BOT in my area.
Using stock internal, boost @ 0.5bar. Dyno result on crank can reach 200hp+.
Of course with unichip installed.
Impressive job has done.

oliverong

Jul 7, 2009
but must find a good place to do la...i scared the stock engine cant tahan then die la...haha..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wat do u mean by the engine design is meant for turbo?? the manifold comes with flange for add on turbine?
if i bolt on on campro and get around 160hp on wheel also damn good loh....y wanna stress ur engine so hard? and those who say they RnD...yea rite...chk back a topic about a myvi bolt on turbo at D Pro....they r the so call xpert for k kar bolt on

neo 0.5bhp

Aug 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro , forget about using GSR, if you have more budget go for evo 4,5,6..... GSR is old engine, i mean in Japan that engine using for vehicles like wagon or carrier, that's why if u noticed that's NOT perfomance stuff produce by HKS, Apex'i , Tomei or dll..... for Gsr... if u want to BOT, that's good, but remember on Campro crank and conrod.. that's not suitable for BOT, maybe 1st year boleh la... but at the end you will know the cost.... BOT can't get higher boost, unless you change the piston, crank, and conrod.... happy mod...my suggestion..

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
wat do u mean by the engine design is meant for turbo?? the manifold comes with flange for add on turbine?
if i bolt on on campro and get around 160hp on wheel also damn good loh....y wanna stress ur engine so hard? and those who say they RnD...yea rite...chk back a topic about a myvi bolt on turbo at D Pro....they r the so call xpert for k kar bolt on
The piston head has a lekuk, designed for turbo. I didn't mean that there are ready parts to bolt on, I meant the piston shape and all. Do more research about it.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
You can try and ask the folks at Powerzone. They soup up a lot of Protons of various models and capcities.

Just be ready with all the questions...the most important ones being what else you need to upgrade in order for the car to be force inducted on a daily basis. You can be sure that a stocker will eventually break something because it was not meant to be fed a daily turbo diet.

I don't know why people like to call it a BOT. It's never that simple as bolting one on and drive happily after. You need to prep a lot more things to ensure a stocker can take the stress and be reliable....well by that time you shouldn't really be calling it 'stock' anymore.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys , I'm planning to do some tuning for my car. For the time being , I did the 4-2-1 exhaust only. and I got few questions to ask. For what I know is that I want more initial speed from my car.. Is it so called low-mid speed ? Which means I wan more pick up instead of high speed.. Cause I not gonna do more then 130 normally. Let's say from nought to 100 faster.. cause I really seldom drive beyond 130.

What shud I mod ?
I planned to have my air filer changed , is HKS a good product...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience