Tribute: Ferdinand Alexander Porsche (11 Dec 1935 - 5 Apr 2012)

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Photo source: Porsche

Just yesterday, we wrote about how the new Porsche 911 Carbriolet had launched in Malaysia. Today, the world has lost and icon and a legend; Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, grandson of Porsche's founder Ferdinand Porsche, designer of the iconic Porsche 911 has passed away earlier yesterday, aged 76. Born on 11th December 1935, "Butzi" (as he was popularly known amongst his family and colleagues) was responsible for designing the Porsche 901 in 1963 (which later had its name change to 911). No cause of death was reported at this point in time.

It was a tradition in the Porsche family that every generation of the Porsche family took part in the genesis of a new-generation Porsche and when grandfather Ferry Porsche made a wish for the 356 successor to have more space and comfort in the cabin, "Butzi" took on the task to sketch the first drafts. The rest as they say is history, proven over and over again with the Porsche 911 being one of the most iconic sports cars of all time. Upon news of Butzi’s passing, Porsche president and CEO Matthias Müller said in an official statement, “We mourn the death of our partner, Ferdinand Alexander Porsche. As the creator of the Porsche 911, he established a design culture in our company that has shaped our sports cars to this very day. His philosophy of good design is a legacy to us that we will honor for all time.”

As a tribute to Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, I invite all our readers to post up pictures of their favourite 911s. Any thoughts/comments and well-wishes are also welcome.

Attachments

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'll start. This is not the best picture, but one of the most awesome 911s ever...

Porsche 911 (964) Rennsport Classic

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The name will never be forgotten...
R.I.P

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ah heck... here's more.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Halo bro....
Can any help me....
I have a mitsubishi triton l200
i have just installed a blowoff valve but it does not blowoff
do any of u guys know wer to coonect the pressure pipe.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience