Titan'ed 15/10/04

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Hahaha, finally, got my Titan, after like one who year of longingness... Actually almost, my longingness started back in November 2003.

My initial experience...
"I never expect to take the corner at that speed..."
The car is very stable, least body roll and maximum control!!!

My initial feeling when driving home... Felt like vomiting with all those jerking that can send your girlfriend to earth shattering orgasm. The setting, Richard's MEDIUM setting, is kinda hard, maybe because the suspension hasn't run in yet, afterall, it's less than a few hours old.

If this persist, I will most likely have it tune down, something like Medium-Soft. I am more of a family guy who love to take corners. Hahaha! Looking forward to a firm and comfortable ride ;)

More updates coming in the future...

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
as of today... i am still bumping in my Titan...

and my experience so far is really great, not in cornering yet (will talk bout this later).

braking distance has improve a hell lot, less nose dive, very very very responsive brakes thanks to Titan, finally can squeeze out the full power of my combined L9 front brakes and stock rear drum... I also feel more safe when i brake when cornering during emergency like some idiot suddenly makan into my lane...

cornering, why I havn't really fully test this out yet? Because I havn't get used to Titan yet. I am too used to the bodyroll of my OEM setup that now the reduced bodyroll made me feel uncomfortable. Furthermore, I need to find some more deserted corners for me to really try it out. And without speedtrap as well...

Some changes could be made for me, such as increase the front ride height by 1 finger or 1 1/2 to complement the rear. Perhaps the rear absorber need to be soften slightly because it is a tad bit too hard for my liking (will confirm at the end of my bump-in period).

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I think he means he's not used to the feeling of less body roll during cornering. How many years on stock absorbers man?

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
2 years - 1 month. Hahaha, more testimonial...

I just tested Titan on wet conditions today. Pretty impressive. There's less aqua planning when I am speeding through puddles but sometimes when theres puddles on only one side the car tends to slide to the other side, but I will attribute this to my tires.

Ahh, yes, going round the Subang horseshoe curve near Subang Parade, right most lane. Enter the curve at 60kph and start to pickup speed. When the car feels like slipping out of the lane, all I need to do is to turn the steering a bit more and the car will go back in line.

Takes some time to build trust and comfort with Titan...

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
don't pray pray at the horseshoe curve when wet.... I saw one Proton Wira turn 180 and knocked into the left barrier at the exit...

The end of the curve is the most slippery stretch. if not careful, you'll swap end as you swing left at the exit.

Maybe some of you might know this wira.
it's electric blue with 'electricity' decal on the side and 'TOYO Tyres' sticker at the back. Happened at least 3 weeks back...

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
damn! I always play there one. Yeah, my friend spin there also by doing only 60kph in after rain.

Today I enter teh horseshoe, right most lane at 80kph and damn shiok wei! Haha! Starting to love my Titan!

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by J4X@Oct 22 2004, 10:57
Yeah, my friend spin there also by doing only 60kph in after rain.
haha! tyres fault!! and plus i think *this friend had the pressures up to 36psi then...woooooo...way too hard! :rolleyes: wei...takes your lines properly...110+ also can..wakakaka :P

dont play in subang so much la...too many operasi nowadays... :ph34r:

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
nah...my fronts are 33psi and the rear follow back factory recommendation of 29psi.

yeah stanley, still learning the behavior of my Titan...

anyway, the rear is kinda stiff... gotta hav it soften. I want a more comfortable ride!

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
hohoho! yesterday drive from pandan mewah until gunung nuang through the hilly roads... damn good feeling the suspension hahaha. smoke a mercedes who is trying to overtake me on my way back after 2 to 3 corners.

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Went back to Titan today for my retuning. My fronts are raised, the rear is softened a wee bit. Now the fronts are 3 1/2 finger gap, the rear 4 finger gap. Handling havn't test yet, but comfort is much more better without the rear constantly bouncing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Car specifications isn't available, just some spy shots here to fill your day. Happy '(00)ing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience