Throttle Controller

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hi Guys,

I would like to have some inputs from those had used it, been using, stop using or just anybody know about this. I know that electronic throttle on modern cars nowadays using pulse signal to control the throttle opening well thats in a layman term. So as for my readings and understanding, this throttle controller will somehow make the pulse response better?

So my question is, I am interested and considering with Pivot throttle controller, i just want to know, how efficient it is? Is there really any significant difference from the throttle response given by the factory? And yes, some will suggest VAFC, or e-manage, maybe u can put it as Im not considering those first. My goal and expectation are, since there's an economy function, so i would like to know whether it can give me the economy as claimed, and there's a sport function, i know it ain't give me turbo effect :p , but at least if there's improvement, would be better. Can it really stimulate the pulse to that point?

Appreciate ur input.

Thank you.

:adore::driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I once ask about the same thing too....as I was told, is just something where u can do manually by pedal to the metal yourself.
Just that this time it trick the ECU to respond earlier where u press a little on your pedal, the ECU might read it as if u had
pedal to the metal. If I recall correctly. That's where u feel your car seems to have better torque. But u can achieve that feel
by full throttle yourself.

Correct me if Im wrong. That's what I remember :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
its just a device that amplifies the signal of the throttle...if oem pedal is at 50%, using a TC can minimize the depression of the pedal to 25% or even 15% depending on how sensitive you want it.... for me the purpose of having a TC is so i can cut away the stupid DBW lag and get more cable-connected feeling. Absolutely hate DBW with passion

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

didie dulu used to be Pro-Hatch kan?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Didie, The function of the ETC (Electronic Throttle Controller) acts like a piggyback ECU. It receives the pulse input from the DBW module then changes it according to the settings on the ETC before sending the pulses to the ECU then to the the throttle body.

Like what PocRoc said, ETC can eliminate the lag caused by BDW system. A lot of people have a misconception that with DBW you can eliminate the lag by driving the pedal hard but it fact it don't solve the lagging problem as you are driving the pedal harder but the respond lag will is still there. ETC is used to eliminate the lagging problem and it's very different from driving the pedal harder like what Supra Fanatic said.

Again, the function of ETC is to eliminate the throttle lag caused by DBW and improve throttle respond by changing the throttle map and not increased your engine torque.

If you need a good installer, you can go to EA autoworks. Highly recommended shop.

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
SF, PocRoc, TR,

Thanks guys for the input. Exactly what i want it to perform. Been having the lagging dilemma by the DBW for quite some time and been thinking myvi's respond better then mine. I just want it to be responsive, that can be consider fair enough.

TR,
Appreciate your recommendation, i suppose its in KL? Im currently in Penang :D

PocRoc,
Ur right man, used to be a Pro-Hatch and an admirer to ur former yellow-black ride. Haha

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Hoho, my yellow fellow... lama jual edi... Nice to meet you back here... Going TTA this weekend? Patrick Gan is going

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, PocRoc, TR,

Thanks guys for the input. Exactly what i want it to perform. Been having the lagging dilemma by the DBW for quite some time and been thinking myvi's respond better then mine. I just want it to be responsive, that can be consider fair enough.

TR,
Appreciate your recommendation, i suppose its in KL? Im currently in Penang :D

PocRoc,
Ur right man, used to be a Pro-Hatch and an admirer to ur former yellow-black ride. Haha
TR's and the rest advice are more accurate than mine, take his advice instead :wink:
EA Autoworks is in Bukit Jalil area. You can try google the area, penang wise, not familiar.

Thinking the same to install for my Saga BLM, always lack of pick up..:banghead:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
TR's advice are more accurate than mine, take his advice instead :wink:
EA Autoworks is in Bukit Jalil area. You can try google the area, penang wise, not familiar.

Thinking the same to install for my Saga BLM, always lack of pick up..:banghead:
Oh! you kena drex sufu also?.....:biggrin:
Your Saga also drive by wire?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
it will never goes wrong to install a throttle controller in a car that run wit DBW

my cars all got that controller, without it....kind of suck when driving
Hi bro, kindly elaborate more on your experiences on ETC. What's the difference you notice after
installing? FC wise does it increase when you switch to Sports mode? Any difference in Normal
Mode?

Appreciate it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi bro, kindly elaborate more on your experiences on ETC. What's the difference you notice after
installing? FC wise does it increase when you switch to Sports mode? Any difference in Normal
Mode?

Appreciate it.
Depends on your right foot loh....:biggrin:
The ETC enhance the signal so feel like more power, you step more and FC sure go down....my 2 sens

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Depends on your right foot loh....:biggrin:
The ETC enhance the signal so feel like more power, you step more and FC sure go down....my 2 sens
So feels like or actually got improvement on the torque or responds bro?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So feels like or actually got improvement on the torque or responds bro?
Will feel like more power. Where can get more torque and power as engine is still the same and no mod to it. The mod is to enhance the throttle response time only....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, definitely need some better throttle responds for my car..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it true tht thick plug cables would create EMI(if i'm not mistaken) when spark which will interfere with our car's electronics component?

hope sifus can give some guides n experience cause i'm thinking to change it to a thicker plug cable...

thanks
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience