The All New - Smart Tag !

can u diy to beam the signal from further away ar?
:biggrin:

Can't...

It has dual sensors.. 1 at the gate, it has a pressure sensor to sense your car coming near.
Then, it will beam an IR signal to your Smart Tag
Then your Smart Tag will response back the signal
The Booth will check if you are clocking in or out and your balance. Process it and beam back to your smart tag..

So.. Even if it can beam further... if you are not physically near the sensors... nothing will happen.

Can't...

It has dual sensors.. 1 at the gate, it has a pressure sensor to sense your car coming near.
Then, it will beam an IR signal to your Smart Tag
Then your Smart Tag will response back the signal
The Booth will check if you are clocking in or out and your balance. Process it and beam back to your smart tag..

So.. Even if it can beam further... if you are not physically near the sensors... nothing will happen.

Can u check how strong is the infrared too?
Can it go through non-transparent objects?
If can, how thick?

I see a potential problem with this.

Say you come across a toll booth that's temperamental. You've seen people reverse, hold up their tags outside the window and then beepbeep the toll gate opens for them. How are you going to do the same?

Say you come across a toll booth that's temperamental. You've seen people reverse, hold up their tags outside the window and then beepbeep the toll gate opens for them. How are you going to do the same?
In this case..
Just remove the Card and beep it on the Touch and Go panel..

Anyway, usually that happens when people accidentally covered the IR.

Note : The IR is not at the small round "window" near the Smart Tag logo.
It is actually the whole middle of the BLACK Panel... around 1inch x inch wide.

So many people accidentally covered it actually..
Will post picture of the IR under the cover...

can u diy to beam the signal from further away ar?
:biggrin:

Well, you can install the tag at your car front bumper so it reaches the sensor first....hahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

That is why bro. johnson got two tags. One install on board and new one as it.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

For IR to work nicely, it needs to be in direct sight of the receiver. That's what mostly your TV controller, AC controller is using. What I think can be done to make it stealthy is you move the IR sensor away from the unit and extend it to on top of the dash or some place that it can be detected. By doing this, your actual unit is hidden from sight and the only thing showing is the IR sensor.
This is what I saw some of the Japanese ETC unit doing.

For IR to work nicely, it needs to be in direct sight of the receiver. That's what mostly your TV controller, AC controller is using. What I think can be done to make it stealthy is you move the IR sensor away from the unit and extend it to on top of the dash or some place that it can be detected. By doing this, your actual unit is hidden from sight and the only thing showing is the IR sensor.
This is what I saw some of the Japanese ETC unit doing.

YUPZ!!!
Actually, my 2nd step was to rewire to my existing ETC units... Since it is useless now. Will be using the IR or the casing to fit in my Smart Tag IRs... :P

But I will post up a 2 stage guide.. one without ETC and with ETC... :P

So Johnson, any great news?

Nice to meet you the other day wahahah. My DIY master. :hahaha:

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

No update yet on this..
I put this on hold for a little bit.. As I am working on some ahem.. "small" projects for the upcoming ZTH TTA Sepang.. :P

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom