TEMP prob

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
it can leak, not burnt. when did u fit dis in sir? does the coolant decrease drastically? sounds like the gasket indeed

milo87

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
last 8 month ago... i saw in my radiator.. no sign of drastically decreasing water... :(

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
when you have a water temperature up problem.. there is a few obvious problem you can check it out yourself

1. water is leaking out.. (it can be the radiator, the block or the pump itself) This is easily done by check water level or the radiator water level.

2. A mechanical failure.. such as fan not blowing or or the pump not working or the thermostat is not opening up.... (important point if you see the fan is running or pumping, it can be an aged fan or pump, ask your mechanic for a quick check)

3. under rare cases the part you change recently does not meet the standards you have requested. For example, a look at the rad you just change looks perfectly fine and ok. But in real world. Not all Rad or Pump is the same.

Take example a a proton wira rad, i have seen one with 6 fins in a row, but some good one can goes up to 12 fins. It look just exactly the same but just different builtup. Let say about pump. A standard pump may be working at 20L/min, but some "ayam" only pump 5L/min

Think back of what you have done recently... is must be one thing that trigger the something happen...

for the metal gasket.. it will not burnt just like that it can easily last you thousands of thousand before it fail.... the most problem i seen on the gasket, is a bad fitment or used a wrong one... don laugh.. it happened all the time ..haha...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
hmm.. so the temperature rises when u accelearete? have u skimmed the head before?

milo87

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
temp rising when engine started.. and keep rising until 3/4 bar... then it stop...

PS: when temp below than 3/4, my car always die... i need to rev till 2k... till temp shown 3/4 bar.. then my car can idling well.. yes i skimmed my head before.. to get compression..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
was dat when the problem started sir? if it maintains the temperature constant during driving (spirited / normal) then i wudnt worry too much about it. i'll start worrying if the temperature rises when revving it up

i strongly feel its the skimmed head sir

milo87

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
the head done for 8 month ago :) but the problem started after the dyno-ing thing.. ehehe but it keep costant at 3/4... some said its because of sensor or the meter...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check water level first...if nothing change (no water top-up needed) u can take a relieve breath...maybe just sensor....

-and another method is try start your engine during cold (morning would be best time) with radiator car opened and watch if the water start jumping out from the radiator opening..if yes then might be head warped/gasket burnt..

if no take another relieve breath....check waterpump and sensors... :adore:

milo87

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
fuh... need to go to mech.. for check rite.. hurmm.. thanks guy... at first water level still dont need to topup.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I bought this Vacuum and Volt meters from Speedster_jg recently I must say it is well worth it. It was expensive to actually get it installed at Kelana Jaya "ABANG" , RM35 to be exact to DIY is preferred.

After all the reading at ZTH, I got the meters working; but I wonder how accurate the Vacuum reading are. I can't be sure where the T joints are correctly placed or not.

The attachment shows where i made the T Joints on my Satria. Also, can anyone pin point me the area where i can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience