TB issue!

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why my car always idle at 1.3k-1.5k rpm? i have already close the air flow for idling in the tb. still 1.3~1.5k like taht. is it my tb problem? or the sensor? currently using 4g93 tb.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro could it be other problems? Cuz u rmb I changed the brown color sensor for the tb the idle becomes normal again buy awhile later the idle change to be like this again.. Is it okay to close the opening of air flow into the tb? It's been awhile... Thanks.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
brown color sensor??... u mean the stepper motor??... that device is to control ur idling revs when aircond is switched on... meanwhile the airflow screw which u closed (i presume) is to control idling revs when aircond is switched off....

do a check... whats ur idling revs when aircond is switch on and off.... if u are getting irregular idling revs when aircond is switched on, its the stepper motor problem...

*presuming no other leaks besides ur throttle body problem*

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
sometimes simple things only will make ur tb problem and might not be related to ur stepper.

have u check ur throttle linkage? izzit loose?

have u check the throttle/butterfly position nut? (no.8 spanar to open and not the top idling nut)

it can be ur butterfly cant close effectively.

and tb's need periodic cleaning, meaning take it out, wash and polish.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm bro sorry noob question, whats throttle linkage ar? hmmm and also when i on my aircond, my idling is back to normal (900) but when off it goes back up to 1.4 or 1.5k rpm.. damn sien d lo. and now i heard weird sund coming from my engine bay. like the air cond belt making sound or maybe the alternator's bearing... damn headache d. ): small small sickness coming one by one wei....and also 1 question, is g91 a potential engine? i've been using this engine for almost 2 years d still dont know its potential.. hmmmmm hope to get ome advice from u seniors...