suspension or rims?

'[00] TRD

Dec 27, 2005
me currently drivin 4AFE as my signature, if my budget was to be 3k maximum.. should i change my suspension into titan, tien, trd, hwl, etc, etc.. or changin my rims into 17"

FYI, my car is alr rather low (IMO), it looks lower than most normal sedan car on the road, thats y makin me confuse which one to change??

if changin suspension (lowered ride), scare if go into shoppin complex parkin area.. it will scatch my bumper

if changin rims, scare sacrifice my mere 1.6 stock engine performance.. no doubt i could change into lighter rims, 17" rims wouldnt light into any extent if i were not talkin abt ori te37 am i right??

so.. welcome any advise :X-:

Fluffy

May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
with ur budget u can get a set of adjustable suspensions...so...its ADJUSTABLEu dont need to worry about hitting ur bumper...coz u can adjust the height...:_:

IMHO...rims and suspension in ur case is 2 diff things..u can choose either one..no headaches.

levin said:
No for both !
Keep that money and drop in an engine ................
true true... agree with that... with powerful engine, u can add anything to ur car without have to consider underpower....:regular_smile:

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
bear in mind, 17" rim could be rather expensive depending on brands and its quality..

also, u needa consider its matching low profile tyres too.. with 3K, u cant do any better neither with good rims nor good tyres.. therefore u hafta sacrifice one of them..

also, since u r driving a toyota corolla, i afraid 17" rim could be too much for since ur car is rather low and u ll definitely burden ur existing suspension.. so my advice 16" could be good enough in place of ur current 15" rim.. hope it helps..

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
also, u needa consider wat s ur purpose of modifying both items? for decorative purpose? if u not for handling purposes, so i think there s no need to spend ur money on those.. u might as well invest on ur ICE system.. cheers :)

supernatural

Aug 2, 2004
go for adjustable suspension.
first ; u can improve ur car handling
second; u can set ur own ride hight as desire.
third; will not affect ur car's engine
forth; will improve ur braking

but make sure u buy branded adjustable like GAB, CUSCO, TIEN for better handling and tahan lama .

'[00] TRD

Dec 27, 2005
i was quoated for rm3,900 for tien, adjustable of course.. wat abt GAB? CUSCO? anyone has got info on that?

rims, i prob change to 16" will do coz.. as davidchen27 said, expensive n burden my engine..

speakin of droppin in engine, i know there are lotza zth ppl talkin abt that.. but IMHO, might as well buyina new car.. takin into consideration of application in jpj, changin other parts like suspension n etc etc.. bear in mind the list goes on man :X-:

any has link on nice lookin 16" rims? pcd100

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
pls bear in mind, if u are aftering a comfortable ride.. my advice is not to switch ur current rim an suspension system.. just afraid u might not like the "bumpy" and stiff ride.. :)

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
3.9K for ur car's adjustable suspension.. woah! that's really expensive!! why dun u consider hot bits? if i'm not mistaken.. a complete set for Nissan X-trail cost 3600.. furthermore, it s from Speedworks.. not chap pa lang workshop le..

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
sunway's workshop i heard was known to "tong" ppl wan le.. if i were u, i would go to speedworks.. more reknown for their tuning and performance upgrade..

davidchen27

Jan 30, 2006
since ur budget is limited.. i would suggest tat u change ur rim 1st, then slowly as ur "savings" increase, then only change ur suspension loh...

I guess you're probably thinking Oakley, the maker of some of the coolest sunglasses around, but you're wrong. We're talking Oakley Design, the British tuning firm that won international credit for its take on the Porsche GT2, GT3 and Panamera. The tuner is now back with another sleek package this time for the Ferrari 458 Italia and limited to only five individually-numbered...