surbo ? Useless ?

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
well i pretty don't really belive in plug and play item...
but seems they have pretty gud review..

the link

:: SURBO - Light Pressure Turbo System ::

and this review
i think is ridiculous.
if that is ture mb i going to get also

"I've installed the Surbo in my car and now I can get from 0-100 kph in about 8.0 to 7.5 seconds.
Fuel consumption is less by about 5%. I get 5 km more for every 100 km. Top speed is relatively the same at about 210 kph maybe because of gearbox constraints..
Proton Putra 1.8"

i done thousand and thousand mod just only get bit by bit improve only 0.08 or 0.10 sec

please correct me if i am wrong :adore:

they even say it will give you 0.3BAR !!! WOAH !!!

Last edited:

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
ya... alot of us spend thousand to just get feaking 1 sec faster... but this only RM120 can get 1 sec.. if really like that i want 2x surbo lol.. who used it before can carifly ?

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
Hey guys

The original place of Surbo came from Singapore. It was supposedly "invented" by some "doctor" who sold it during the early 2000s to alot of Singaporean customers. There was ALOT of backlash regarding sensor damage and other vehicle problems, with one extreme case of internal damage.

This is no different from any other "snake oil" that is supposed to work wonders by promising all sorts of things...

please avoid at all costs..it appears as if they are targeting a different set of idiots this time

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
they now have twin surbo, but last time it was rm150, now rm170 y the price increase?
isit becos of the high demand? even my bro in law ask me hows the feedback bout this surbo, cos he wanna try in his wira 1.3

any surbo users here?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yeah please share... The theory seems pseudo. They teach how to activate the surbo in their website but I think the theory is just ridiculous. I don't think some restriction in the intake will give you boost. and to activate it, one must step beyond 2500 rpm, back off, and step again. WTF? That gives economy?

Polytron2

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Testimonial from Surbo user:-

Saya pasang twin surbo. Memang ade perubahan pada prestasi kereta wira 1.5 saya, ringan dan kuasa pecutan yang sangat maksimum...naik bukit guna gear 5 jer, nak potong kereta pon senang tapi satu lagi paling penting JIMAT MINYAK. Hari rabu 8/12/2010 dari melaka ke penang (isi minyak kat ipoh rm35 jer setelah jln 335km) pehhh memang jimat. Kira melaka-ipoh-penang-lumut-kuala kubu baru-melaka, minyak baru RM150 utk perjalanaan sejauh 1221.1 km. tq to surbo malaysia... Jai Yusof melaka

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
maybe could be true, but the user just install it last mth. scared will only work at the begining, how bout 4-5 yrs down the road? will still able to get the same results?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
o.O

o.O

Polytron2

Known Member
May 9, 2005
mine use single Surbo, buy on 2003 and still serving me till now even do I change car 3 times (re-install Surbo). My friends install single Surbo on his waja 1.8 auto for 7 years ago then sell & buy new car livina 1.8 impul 3 months back also install new single Surbo.

If someone say Surbo not good, damage engine, cheating people then why my friend still looking for that thing even after 7 years for his new car?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
some of the engine which is with poor vacuum / air pulling to throttle body is needed surbo to improve air flow in-order to achieve maximize of air density. So, u will feel this surbo is good.
However, will create air restriction on these high efficiency / rev engines.

My old junk is installed a mini jet fan on my open pod air ram.
It's will help on low end while have to reduce ram pipe length to minimize air restriction at high rev.
Hope can help.

Last edited:

Polytron2

Known Member
May 9, 2005
FYI surbo does not working if engine vacuum system is leaked or poor. It need very good vacuum system (no leaking at all) to make it work. Even upon surbo installation you must apply rtv silicone to make it vacuum tight.

More info here Surbo System-How It Works.

You should try twin surbo for your old junk (but make sure your vacuum system 100% tight), after that you won't take out the surbo

Last edited:

Polytron2

Known Member
May 9, 2005
worth or not is up to user itself and for me (i'm user) it worth when I spend RM 150 7 years ago for a piece of anodized aluminum thingy that still serve for me till now and also it's maintenance free with limited lifetime warranty and can transfer to other car. I spend for VS & air charger (much expensive) just for comparison and I cannot feel/see the effect bcoz it's too little compare to using surbo.
I have more speed and fun and also I save fuel...that is surbo

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, been a long time not posting here. but anyway, as the title mentioned earlier, i have problem with my seat belt warning light and the annoying chimming sound. My car is a 2010 Mitsu Lancer GT, until now i don't have any problem. it's been almost 5 years now. yesterday, as i got into my car to go home after work, i plug in my seat belt first, then start my engine, and drove off. suddenly the chimming sound went off. i was surprised and when i look at my indicators, the seat belt icon is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience