Suitable engine oil for 4AGE Blacktop

never seen it before..mind to share what result.

used this for quite sometime now...i always keep at least 1 bottle 4 l stock at home...still have 1 un open if you want try it... :listen:

price wise...rm 160 for 4 liter semi syn oil is friendly on my wallet...nowdays cant afford to pour in mobil 1 anymore...

performance wise...no noticeable different from other oil i tried...maybe coz of my stock engine...

the main reason i choose 50 grade oil is it last longer than thinner grade ie 40 or 30...even if drive like uncle...thinner grade oil tend to vanish/evaporate/disappear around 3000 km...this one can last up to 6000km and still maintain at reasonable level if check the dip stick...but that's my engine scenario...yours should do better i guess...

yeah.. can..can.. want to see result how many KM can go..pm contact no..he he
using turbolight plus minus 1500km
using synargie + plus minus 1800km

try lah..see how

yeah.. can..can.. want to see result how many KM can go..pm contact no..he he
using turbolight plus minus 1500km
using synargie + plus minus 1800km

try lah..see how

sure sure...can we meet tomorrow???...tomorrow is my off day...so i'm free tomorrow...

today working morning shift...so normally i reach home near midnight already...i'll pm you my number...

used this for quite sometime now...i always keep at least 1 bottle 4 l stock at home...still have 1 un open if you want try it... :listen:

price wise...rm 160 for 4 liter semi syn oil is friendly on my wallet...nowdays cant afford to pour in mobil 1 anymore...

performance wise...no noticeable different from other oil i tried...maybe coz of my stock engine...

the main reason i choose 50 grade oil is it last longer than thinner grade ie 40 or 30...even if drive like uncle...thinner grade oil tend to vanish/evaporate/disappear around 3000 km...this one can last up to 6000km and still maintain at reasonable level if check the dip stick...but that's my engine scenario...yours should do better i guess...

Mobil 1 from Tesco at promo price time is okay. Only RM145....:biggrin:

Mobil 1 from Tesco at promo price time is okay. Only RM145....:biggrin:

yup...i've been waiting for that too...coz 145 for a fully syn oil is a bargain...coz regular price i survey is around 215 for mobil 1 rally formula 5-50...but since petron takes over the exxonmobil a while back...tesco near my place only stock shell helix, perodua oil and some other unknown brand...even at spare part shop rarely keep/have stock anymore...

yup...i've been waiting for that too...coz 145 for a fully syn oil is a bargain...coz regular price i survey is around 215 for mobil 1 rally formula 5-50...but since petron takes over the exxonmobil a while back...tesco near my place only stock shell helix, perodua oil and some other unknown brand...even at spare part shop rarely keep/have stock anymore...

Tesco engine oil nothing to do with Petron. Tesco import directly from EU...

sure sure...can we meet tomorrow???...tomorrow is my off day...so i'm free tomorrow...

today working morning shift...so normally i reach home near midnight already...i'll pm you my number...

afaik he's out of selangor tomorrow hehe

Tesco engine oil nothing to do with Petron. Tesco import directly from EU...

owh really...??!! so i've drawn a wrong conclusion regarding mobil 1...but since already find another alternative...to hell with it...lol...

owh really...??!! so i've drawn a wrong conclusion regarding mobil 1...but since already find another alternative...to hell with it...lol...

Yah! if got other alternative no need look for their promo. I have been stocking up with cheap engine oil when there are sales on....:driver:

1 skl in kajang told me, now aday, motul also not made in xxx oledi, few of his fren driving honda highly tune 1 play at sic also kaboom bcoz of motul, is this real ?

1 skl in kajang told me, now aday, motul also not made in xxx oledi, few of his fren driving honda highly tune 1 play at sic also kaboom bcoz of motul, is this real ?

IMHO...if in the circuit all the general rule when out the window already...even ferrari engine can be blown to bits...i doubt they will blame their oil supplier for that... lol

Last edited:
engine kaboom not really from oil, lots factor involved. how engine condition, part used, maintenance of engine, change oil interval, how your mod your engine, workmanship...etc lah.

Sorry to bump somewhat old thread...

Kangkung fever :rofl:

Anyway, my oil change is due. Since I travel using the highway daily to KL.... (not staying in Ampang anymore. Per day, roughly 190 km House - KL - House). Which oil would you guys recommend? Currently using 10W - 40. With semi, I think oil roughly every 2 - 3 months (depending on how much I travel) confirm sure change oil.

Should I go for higher grade? Not to mention mileage now around 215000.

Thanks.

If you want semi go for Torco Tr-5 10w40,if its full syn Sr-1 10w40..sr-1 comes in 1liter pack so you can mix with w30 to get a 35ish~ if you want it to be lighther but with abit more protection..lots of VTEC guys do that.

Last edited:
Torco and shenzo eh? hmm... Torco basically i know where to get. As for Shenzo, where to get?

Sorry to bump somewhat old thread...

Kangkung fever :rofl:

Anyway, my oil change is due. Since I travel using the highway daily to KL.... (not staying in Ampang anymore. Per day, roughly 190 km House - KL - House). Which oil would you guys recommend? Currently using 10W - 40. With semi, I think oil roughly every 2 - 3 months (depending on how much I travel) confirm sure change oil.

Should I go for higher grade? Not to mention mileage now around 215000.

Thanks.

Stick to your SS 10w-40 and nothing beats a regular Oil change interval......:biggrin:

Stick to your SS 10w-40 and nothing beats a regular Oil change interval......:biggrin:

ok boss...:adore:

:rofl:

yep agree on the regular oil change. Was thinking to go fully synthetic at least can last me another 1 - 2 months before the next oil change.

ok boss...:adore:

:rofl:

yep agree on the regular oil change. Was thinking to go fully synthetic at least can last me another 1 - 2 months before the next oil change.

You mentioned already done 215k km, that is why I did not recommend FS which is of thinner viscosity. Some had problems like oil leak and oil consumption upon changing. Moreover even though FS cost more it does not mean longer OCI. OCI should follow car manufacturer recommendation.
I used to drag my FS oil in my VR to 10k km, but I find it turn my engine internals darker (dirty), that is why I say nothing beats regular OCI where you remove the dirty oil and whatever that is in it.

Top Bottom