Sub causing rattling sound...

Kenet

Hey guys,any tips on killing/reducing these bonnet rattling sound cause by the sub? I so friggin hate it... :mad:
Thanks in advance.

Kenet said:
Hey guys,any tips on killing/reducing these bonnet rattling sound cause by the sub? I so friggin hate it... :mad:
Thanks in advance.

use Dynamat Xtreme to dampen ur boot.

Yeah...i heard of dynamat before and saw that thing selling for RM140 here in Kuching...dunno that price equivalent to how many feet la...
Any other solution besides dynamat...? DIY perhaps?

What car are r u using , if it's a hatch back u can use silicon glue to glue all the main panels of ur bonnet to the outer layer of the car or maybe force some sponge in between but make sure ur car bonnet is not leaking co's it will soak to the sponge later and cause major rust to ur bonnet.....secondly if ur car is a saloon car u can try by openning some holes at the speaker board behind the seats cause this will reduce the pressure by the woofer and cut down the rattles also will improve ur bass in the car....!!!!

i have the same problem too. rear bonnet is rattling quite badly especially when listening to hip hop music.

thinking of sound dampening the bonnet only. for instance if dynamat extreme, how much it cost for the whole boot?

maybe u can find the source of the rattle and wrap it on sponge or something. i know if from doors usually the power window or door lock/latch things knocking against the metal inside. if from rear deck, dunno la, third brake light maybe or the wood panel itself? u can also look for insuflex, cheaper a bit but sponge material.

Well,since i'm on a semester break now guess i'll inspect the whole bonnet again. ;)
Oh yeah,my car's a kancil.

how about using the bituminous glue... stick a piece of kanvas onto it and
patch on the boot walls? ehehe.. campur with some other stuff to make it hard?
haha.

boeytan selling dynamat xtreme!

i also having this problem... but only outside of the car. inside no problem.
below boot(sedan car)... creating lots of sound, other than that no at all.

i'm thinking of using dynamat on front doors, rear door use superlon(coz no
speaker at rear door) then boot don care. ahaha.

DYNAMAT EXTREME , CASCADE AUDIO (abit pricey but very detailed sound proofing shit ) lazy to explain , or bitumen strips then DIY ...

do u guys know where to get this dynamat? is it sticky one or need glue to fix? for waja got ahh?

dynamat is like double sided tape but freaking hard than double sided tape wit layer of aluminium plate lookalike on top of it , it comes in alot of package .. for waja or for any cars is the same just how much needed for the space u wanna soundproof it

dynamat is very sticky wan it come wth its glue..im also using a kancil and i stick dynamat on my rear bonet and it does help alot...i just stick on the panel..if u guys plan to use bitumen strip make sure got a heat gun to help u melt the bitumen so it will stick

but if got the cash go for dynamat extreme or cascade audio le .... bitumen thinggy help but not as good as those brands

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom