ST185 owner please report yourself.

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
I just wondering how many ST185 to be exact we can gather here.

mine are ST185 stock wide body, anyone else? please share

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
Hey bro! nice to have you here! i know you from Celica tech or alltrac right???

how have you been? nice ride you got there man! :wavey:

cms-gt4

Dec 31, 2006
USA
www.coldironworks.com
Yeah, I am on both alltrac.net and celicatech.com. I have been well. I have gone back to school and have been trying to get my shop back together. How are things with you?

I plan on coming back to MY this summer so I figure I might as well catch back up on the forums. This time I plan on picking up some parts for the car. :) I am hoping to have my car mostly done before I head back there. Once my new fuel line comes in, and the snow melts I can put the car back together then it goes off to the paint shop.
Right now I am debating on my suspension. The HAs are too stiff for the road, so I am either going with a softer spring or a different suspension.

So what are the specs of your wheel setup? They look flush.

Last edited:

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
cool! good to hear you'll back for more shopping, well, list out what you need and we have Alvin @ Tom's can help you out.

If the HA's are too stiff, you might need to consider changing softer spring instead of changing the whole set. its not easy to source a good set in perfect condition unless brand new.

I'm on compomotive rim, 17"inch, front off set - 25 and rear 15. with 245/40/17 rubber from yokohama es100. got it from Alvin @tom as well.

let me know the date and during you'll in MY, we shall catch up for a drinks or something.

Cheers

cms-gt4

Dec 31, 2006
USA
www.coldironworks.com
Very cool. What are the widths of the wheels. Are you using spacers? I already contacted Alvin. Turns out my wife went to school with his GF and got me in touch with him.

I think I am going to order softer front springs first and see how I like it. There are some popular evo and dsm springs rates would be the same as mine, so since the weight distribution is close to my gtfour I might be happy with the new settings. I am going to try 8kg in the front and see if that is soft enough.
The problem is they are so stiff that the front of the car leaves the road when it hits a bump and of course this hurts my handling. Tein would have to revalve the entire suspension if I go lower than 8kg front and 6kg rear. If I am unhappy with the new springs I will convert the fronts to the camry spindles and suspensions so I can have 5x114 bolt pattern, a larger wheel bearing and can run blistiens.

I think my next tire will be a 245. I like the 255s but I want to reduce the unsprung weight some, so maybe with slightly smaller tires and lighter wheels I can get my unsprung weight closer to stock.

Right now with my larger tires and RC final drive my car does not have the pull I would like. I am either going to swap in my old 4.2 final drive or I am going to get a 4.5 final drive made. It would really help with acceleration and get the car closer to stock gearing.

We are trying to get some lower a-arms made that can adjust caster and reduce unspung weight.

cms-gt4

Dec 31, 2006
USA
www.coldironworks.com
I'll be landing in Hong Kong around May 23rd, after that we will head to Malaysia. I am going to keep in touch with everyone and maybe I will see you around up there. I am hoping to meet up with Tom's to find some bits for my four, which is finally in the paint shop. The prices of items he has posted on the forum are very good.

jazzart

May 19, 2009
anyone knows which garage to go in johor to modify my st185? thinking of changing the engine and ecu

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
hey there bro. i myself am having problems on finding a place to upgrade my car. p/s: im in KL.. so anyone knows wehere to do this? please??? need some info. reall hard to find parts for st185 nowadays in malaysia.

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
anyone knows which garage to go in johor to modify my st185? thinking of changing the engine and ecu
Hi there bro,

why change the engine?? just go for bigger turbo and custom IC, contact a guy called TOM's on ZTH for Parts, he maybe able to find stuff for ur Celica :burnout:

jazzart

May 19, 2009
Zeus83, how can I contact TOM? I am new to this forum. Where is Zth Parts?

can pass me hi8s contact no?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Al Autoparts 012-2249991

Last edited:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
haha....thanks saif......my place only sell.....maybe few month down the road will hav my own workshop.....

location subang USJ 1 industrial area

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Three lucky winners from Malaysia were rewarded by Castrol recently with the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Spain, where they got the chance to meet the Castrol Global Ambassador, Cristiano Ronaldo, and train at Real Madrid’s training facility at Valdebebas.

The trip was the result of an integrated Castrol campaign for its consumers and trade partners that saw Goh Su Chin winning the Castrol Edge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience