Squeaking Timing Belt

shah_15

Jan 7, 2011
Kelantan
Timing belt in my kancil has been squeaking for few days now. i suspected its because of the water since it had been raining recently. but the noise is very annoying. is there any solution to fix this problem?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
try spraying some silicone to it. u can get it at spare part shops or shopping mall.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
of course first thing come in mind would be the timing belt, but if you say that you drive through a pot of whole lot heck of water, alot more other things can be the noisy thing...

you maybe wan to go have a check up at your local garage for sure.. or else later you pay more than just a bottle of silicon spray ...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If can hear timing belt squeaking, most probably the cover already dropped off somewhere and the car engine already gone (valve bent, piston damage and etc).

The right thing to use is belt dressing (+-RM15 per spray can). Alternatively, you can put lithium grease (white color). Silicon will dry off very fast, depends on the driving time, sometimes can last only 1 week, some times more.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
actually putting grease or spray to prevent it from squeaking is like taking a panadol when you have the headache, when the panadol effect no more, the headache come back...

squeaking not= timing belt, it can be a lot more other thing to squeak
sometime it can be the other fan belt, some time is the pully, sometime is the shaft , belt tensioner, some time canbe the alternator bearing, or compressor puley and alot more....

understanding why it squeak, is more important....

shah_15

Jan 7, 2011
Kelantan
hey guys. im took a few days to analyse my car on my own. the thing that i realize is it will squeaking when the fan is the spinning. is this mean the fan causes the squeaking? i thought the fan doesnt related to the belt since it is function electrically.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Timing belt don't squeak la... Most of them are toothed. If timing belt slip, deep shit already... The whole timing messed up. Should be fan or aircond...

Mar 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi everyone..my wira also had the same problem..squeaking noises..eventually the long squeaking noises came out when i start the car in the morning, sometimes when i turn the steering..mind to tell what might cause the noises? hehe

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
fan belt? which fan u're referring to? the fan that in my kancil are driven by electric. not belt.
Not aircond belt meh? Not your radiator fan lah taikor, the OTHER belt in your engine that is smooth 1. If your timing belt squeaky its probably your PULLEY. But I also highly doubt its your timing belt.

Check your pulleys and other belts. My nissan when I changed the aircon belt the foreman tighthened the pulley so hard it kept rubbing against the block and started squeaking like mad, but after loosening it the squeaks are now gone :idea:...

If its your timing belt good luck. Your engines days are numbered hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does anyone know brake servo/brake pump from what car can replace Saga BLM's single layer brake servo.
preferably a double layer brake servo. Will be best if its just pnp. :dontknow:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience