Spring weird sound

20V Quard Cam

Known Member
hi anyone here, my right front spring got the sound like "eeett eeet ngeekkk ngekk" whn i start my car in morning. Then after drive awhile,around 10 mins then no more the sound. I not sure whether the sound is come from the spring lar,just guess..anyone face this kinda prob? By the way, my front left one is alright,but it has another sound,whn i go throu the bumper which is hard(like Parking in Sg.Wang),whn landing it will have the sound KRREEEAAAAAKKKKK,but if i pass those soft altho high bumper,this sound won appear. Isit my pillow cover spoilt? Or the spring pro?

im using APM lowered spring. Absorber didnt change .

thanks for helping me !! :biggrin:

bro 20v....when u start ur can only got the sound of "eeek eekk eek" rite...after drive for awhile no more??? did u ram ur engine ? if early morning u start and ram slightly the sound follow to the engine RPM then should be ur belting got a bit loosen,,,or ur belt keras jor need to put rubber grease...
i suspect is the belt lah...coz in early morning our belt will kecut due to cool at nite...after panas the belt expend...
sumore tat is absorber so u start engine also takkan kacau ...

for ur left side...izzit ur body too low and the body kena the lantai ???
tat from me only lah..other sifu pls help also...
pls correct me if i am wrong,,,

bro 20v....when u start ur can only got the sound of "eeek eekk eek" rite...after drive for awhile no more??? did u ram ur engine ? if early morning u start and ram slightly the sound follow to the engine RPM then should be ur belting got a bit loosen,,,or ur belt keras jor need to put rubber grease...
i suspect is the belt lah...coz in early morning our belt will kecut due to cool at nite...after panas the belt expend...
sumore tat is absorber so u start engine also takkan kacau ...

for ur left side...izzit ur body too low and the body kena the lantai ???
tat from me only lah..other sifu pls help also...
pls correct me if i am wrong,,,

Bro caleb, the eeek eeek sound is from my front left SPRING ler..u read wrongly ar?hehe..No no, confirm not my car body is too low cz i didnt add any lips and change bumper. What i did jz lowered my car with lowered spring,that's all..anyway,thx for ur opinion !

anyone stil can help me here ?the sound really annoying ler and now even worse, my rear tyre start eating aside....!!!!! :adore:

Or anyone can advice some workshop that pro doing spring and absorber?
im at Klang valley area and setapak ..

icic..sorry my bad....i think is the rubber or so called stopper for absorber tat kacau....ur rear tire eating aside u can go do alignment unless urs is rigid suspension then the alignment is always 0

that day a mech told me once u lowered ur car,ur car alignment will definately out kao kao..no doubt..then whn do back the alignment will oso tak tahan lama cuz the car adi lowered..furthermore,lower arm,drive shaft and wishbone oso affeted,will injured..he said oso lowered the car will hurt the car chasis..he did proof to me ..haiz.....conclusion,no benefit at all we lowered our car besides ur car look nicer..now i am thinkinh whether wan change back original spring or not...haiz...what's u all opinion?

wat he wsay is correct....i try b4 wit my iswara...i use APM lower suspension wit sping kit...chasis kena kao kao...then my mom can't tahan coz she drive ...then she change bak to original iswara spring....the performance go bak to ori lor....not so stable.....bro is can find adjustable ..walaopun mahal...but...the performance and stablility is difference.....

u mean adjustable absorber full set isit?anyway,if adjustable the car will not lowered rite?and i have a question here,seg absorber same as levin one or not?got difference?

same or not same as levin tis i not sure wor...but the word "adjustable" sure u can adjust ur car height....u can either lower or make it higher..some come wit soft ,hard .the soft hard can let u adjust the absorber softer or harder..my seg use gab adjustable..the height can adjust anytime...but must remove tire lah

same or not same as levin tis i not sure wor...but the word "adjustable" sure u can adjust ur car height....u can either lower or make it higher..some come wit soft ,hard .the soft hard can let u adjust the absorber softer or harder..my seg use gab adjustable..the height can adjust anytime...but must remove tire lah

Not all "adjustables" are height adjustable, bro. Never use the springs to adjust the height. Height adjustables are those with thread on the bottom bracket. like these:

e_zero2r.jpg

bro 2o2r ..i use the spring height to adjust wor...wat is the gud and bad ?? dun mind teach me ? i not very gud at adjustable....

bro 2o2r ..i use the spring height to adjust wor...wat is the gud and bad ?? dun mind teach me ? i not very gud at adjustable....

I'm no sifu, Caleb but I'll tell you what I know.:biggrin:

If you compress the springs too much, the springs will not be able to do its job properly.The springs must have enough space in between the coils in order for it to "play". Try imagining if you hold a small piece of spring in between your 2 fingers. Then imagine if you press the spring as hard as you could. Can the spring still bounce ? It's "dead".

:hmmmm: I don't exactly know how to put in words. PM me yr hp no, maybe it's easier to talk over the phone.

icic...bro u no need sengaja call me lah...u got msn ?? can add me at
[email protected] or frenster also same can add ..hehe

but we can't lower too much rite ...i know there is a limit that is 30mm can compress the spring for gab lah...the box got give warning

hehehe...caleb, nevermind, I already pass your hp number to bro Yau..let him explain to you better understanding....hehehehe

it was nice talking to bro 2o2r...he so frendly....i was shock at first...haha...