so i guess it was okay ler
safer also

but i guess like wat the sifus say
if can change to iridium plugs
i think it will cost around RM150-RM170
so its like RM100 more
Somemore must change when wear off
so i guess its really costly huh

Goh, maybe u can try do marking(use number) on the distributor and engine there before u unplug the spark plug cable. Then put in the new cable follow their number lah...

DIY on plug cable the best is still take out 1 put in 1. When change plug, don't over thighten it, just hand tight will be enough.

wow this meant for each hole got different cable indicator?

do the cable there got indicate which cable for which hole?

haha sorry for blindly asking to many things.....

maybe i should go buy the items 1st only ask u guys here.

btw tuckz, the Bosch Super 4 only RM48
RM20 they charge u for labor fee.

quite expensive lo the labor fee, compare to the itemis 41.6% of it.

well i guess its okay ler
coz RM48 is for the cheapest n have to find
if buy from ppl have to pay for pos laju
this wan i just drive near my house
they do everything for me
dont need to go buy plugs, den drive to workshop
i saw da cheap labour charge is rm10
so to me its ok, rather den DIY coz no tools somemore
if u see % to price its big
but if u see RM20 it might not be

Hi...me just joined...
To share...me just replaced NGK BP5EY's in my Proton Saga 1.5I (A) with Bosch Super 4 ones WR78 @RM45 only from local spare parts shop.

Definitely can testify to smoother idling & smooth pickup with light foot on throttle only. Dunno abt FC yet. Just 1 day old la..hehe...

RM20 for labour charges to change spark plugs? Kinda like daylight robbery la...can change yourself! As long as you can handle a socket wrench, it's "kacang"...hehe...at least for my Saga!

B4 that, me did my own grounding & found that it really helped. In many ways. So finally saved some $$ & invested in a set fr Brothers. 4 gauge ones c/w L-piece distribution bracket, bolts, washers & nuts incl cable ties! Nice flourescent green-coloured cables. Paid RM99 for them tho.

Sorry to be OT in last part but feel as an intro, ok, right?
Tks a meg for all the info & experiences related in this forum. Got above improvement ideas fr the sifus in here lo...

Last edited:
yo bro zeone, how to DIY change Spark Cable and Sprak Plugs.....i really hope that i can DIY change both of it.

My Apexi air filter set also i DIY 1 hahahaha.

Got any website? picture? guidelines? tools needed? all useful information?

Hi Goh...

Re spark plug change in my Saga, need 2get correct sized box wrench (spanner?) (13/16in long type). Anticlockwise to remove and Clockwise to tighten. For Bosch Super 4, tighten till finger tight & then turn an additional ONLY max of abt 90 degrees, Do NOT overtighten.

To confirm earlier doubts, the Bosch Super 4 plugs come packed each one in individual boxes slotted into an outer box. Yup, mine are stated "Made in Germany" ones!

Changing cables is a straightforward cable for cable replacement. To ensure correct replacement & not 2mix them up, pls replace one cable at a time. A matter of just pulling off the cable ends.

I have previously changed my spark plug cables to supposedly silicone ones but they performed worse than my stock cables. Since then, have stuck to my orig stock cables. Still serving me well lo...

Last edited:
HI, Guys

Wanna to ask some about spark plug , hope can advise. :lol:

Normally spark plug will have regsister bulit in and non regsister built in . I know the one of the ojective is to reduce the electro noise .

my question is : with the resister built in spark plug, is there have any different in term of sparking compare with those normal spark plug ??

Pls advise. thanks .

i just changed my Spark Cable (HotShot Gold 9.2mm RM80) and Spark Plug (Bosch Super 4 Made in Germany RM48)

not DIY but i get free labor......haha wanna know y

cause i just done my 3rd service in Proton Service Centre....ask the machanic to change for me along both thing...haha

i learn from the sifu there.....c him do

Spark Cable is kinda easy to change but the spark plug got special spana to use right?

kyheng said:
DIY on plug cable the best is still take out 1 put in 1. When change plug, don't over thighten it, just hand tight will be enough.

Tightening of spark plugs depends on the type of spark plug used. For NGK BP5ES or 5EY, it's to :
a. tighten till finger tight;
b. then further tighten another 1/2 to 2/3 turn. This is usually shown by a diagram on back of spark plug pack.

For Bosch Super 4, it's 90 degrees. ( Google for Bosch Super 4 cos that's where I got that info.) Or if you have a torque wrench, tighten till 25 Nm. (This value is stated on bottom of each plug box.)

gohkokeng : yup, yu need what is called a spark plug wrench. Basically it's a 13/16in long-barrelled box/socket wrench. Much easier to change plugs with one that comes with a built-in rubber "washer" to hold the spark plugs in it when you install or remove them...esp when the plugs are still hot!! :)

boyzone : If yr present plugs are not with built-in resistors, best to continue using similar types. Your spark plug cables should be resistance type oledi eg carbon-cored cables.

Last edited:
gohkokeng said:
yo bro zeone, how to DIY change Spark Cable and Sprak Plugs.....i really hope that i can DIY change both of it.

My Apexi air filter set also i DIY 1 hahahaha.

Got any website? picture? guidelines? tools needed? all useful information?

Hi again gohkokeng...

For steps & pics re DIY change spark plugs, pls goto http://mykpt.net/index.php?showtopic=2047&st=0

Sincerely hope that is useful.

kangyoon20 said:
iridium is better than platinum
denso and NGK iridium both are good enuf for use,
their price range also almost the same.
if u wan more for performance,
can try NGK iriway7 or even HKS super fire,
but its better to check wif ur workshop ur engine condition suitable or not
afterall it still up to ur choice~

Hi, how much it Iriway 7??? wats the different btw iriway7 & iridium BKR6EGP??
Izit hard to find IRiway7???All from NGK, rite???

sifu please help...
i am using daihatsu espri 1.0, its a 3piston engine.
i bought a set of 2nd hand cables, and the head cable(connecting the centre part of the distributor to the body?) broke. so i tried using the remaining 3, with the stock head cables, with stock ngk sparkplugs normally used for kancil.

The cables are Brisk Spark Plug Cables 9.8mm made in Germany. The problem is :

When i start the engine, there isnt any prob. but then i close the good, the alarm goes haywire. i off the engine, press the alarm button, and try to start again, the car failed to start and the alarm goes haywire again. Please help.
thanx

my old ones the tips all got holes oredi....
and i cant install those new ones, duno why. i got off the engine when i replace la :p