Sound beeping at 120km/h & above

St0rMRiD3R

Aug 5, 2012
SARAWAK
Helo, all sifu. I am newbie in car, please help me out please. I am driving toyota corolla AE110 limited editon and previously i drive reach 120km/h & above, i heard nothing. Last month i found out that my car is "eating" the engine oil so i go and change the valve seal and the problem solve. After done the valve seal i got reach to 120km/h & above. i got heard no sound at all, since last week once i reach 120km/h i heard beep sound inside the car. i have no idea what is it, where is it come from, what cause it and why it happening to my car. Any ideas? Any comment will be appreciated. HELP!!! :adore::adore:Thanks.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
perhaps its just a buzzer to inform you the speed limit set by the factory.

Import japanese cars got those sound then reached certain set limit...

My fren's Aristo got the sound when it reach 120km/r too. He ripped it off the buzzer eventually

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This may be a stupid idea, but can you try clicking shut the passenger seat belt (even if you have no passenger) and see if it stops the beeping. If I'm not mistaken, your car doesn't have the speed bong bong bong noise like the AE86. But if not mistaken you have a seat belt beep warning. Yours might be faulty - old car.

St0rMRiD3R

Aug 5, 2012
SARAWAK
Oh? Really? My car has a beep continuous sound. The seat belt faulty? Do you mean the wire of the seat belt or the others? Really appreciate, I will check get back soon.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh? Really? My car has a beep continuous sound. The seat belt faulty? Do you mean the wire of the seat belt or the others? Really appreciate, I will check get back soon.
The seat itself has a sensor to see if there's a passenger. If there is, then the seat belt warning should sound. Just try seatbelting the passenger seat and see if it stops the sound.

If it does, then the sensor in your seat is faulty.

St0rMRiD3R

Aug 5, 2012
SARAWAK
I just found out that my passenger(back) seat belt is behind the seat. If i am not mistaken, it is because of i ask the mechanic to change the rear absorber and he forget to put it back in front of the seat. Is it possible for this to cause the alarm beeping? i will get back to him to put the seat belt back to its place. After done i will come back, may need more time cause i am quite busy for this period. Hopefully it will solve this problem. Thanks ya. :driver:

St0rMRiD3R

Aug 5, 2012
SARAWAK
hi, i have done the work. i remove the seat then put the seat belt back to its original location and no more beeping sound right now. THANKS. You are the best. :wavey:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Jetta? you never bring how to check?
Problem is that, have to speed up to 150km/h to test! That time I tested also at KESAS, that also not straight enough. The only straight one is the one before reaching HICOM Proton.

Tested, no matter what gear also still got sound. Low gear, 2nd, 3rd and D. With or without ECT on also same.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
bro sf,can describe the sound in detaik and where u suspect it comes from?
sometimes its those little2 thing like the plastic underguard.

is yr jetta turbo?
if yes,i sure its not the sound of the intake?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Folks,

After 2 years of running my E46ci with unoptimized 1JZGTE VVTI, i picked up an Edamage Blue which i had for several years to hook it up. As expected, used ECU always had problems, my ignition harness is not readable but the rest of it works fine. Initial runs started with 235 whp/ 315nm wtq at 5.2k RPM. A few more runs and we achieved 251 whp / 320 nm wtq at 5.1k RPM. I am not sure whether this is a healthy result of 1JZGTE VVTI, considering factory declared crank HP is at 276hp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience