some question about sohc auto tranny..

sazleej

Known Member
dear sifu, i'm using so4 96 local wan, recently, my mech said my engine's compression become a bit slow, he suggest me to do overhauling, will cost me RM450 for labour exclude parts, is it worth it? or.. is there any other way to overcome this? the 2nd question is, can i use another head for my engine? like b16a header to my current one? another question is, the mech also said that my auto tranny cant be service or repaired like manual ( like changing clutch plate and stuff ). all i have to do is change the gear oil and wait until it kaput, change to 2nd hand one.. it this truee?? means that auto tranny cant be repaired? pls help to all sifu

dear sifu, i'm using so4 96 local wan, recently, my mech said my engine's compression become a bit slow, he suggest me to do overhauling, will cost me RM450 for labour exclude parts, is it worth it? or.. is there any other way to overcome this? the 2nd question is, can i use another head for my engine? like b16a header to my current one? another question is, the mech also said that my auto tranny cant be service or repaired like manual ( like changing clutch plate and stuff ). all i have to do is change the gear oil and wait until it kaput, change to 2nd hand one.. it this truee?? means that auto tranny cant be repaired? pls help to all sifu
head or header?

A B-series head will not fit on the D-Series or block.

Not sure about the headers though. Im not that knowledgable in the B-series.

If you got the finances, and you crave for more power, B-series is the easier way. But if your content with what you already have, I'd say just overhaul the D-series and build it. U can achieve massive power from the stock D-series block.

As for overhauling the auto trans, it can be done and has been done many many times. It is a laborious task, involving lots of working hours (money, if your foreman charges by the hour), hence many resort to swapping with cheaper used 'boxes from kedai potong. But there is the riskof the condition of that particular 'box being much worse than your current 'box

And many parts. If you do decide on overhauling the gearbox, I recommend changing the filter inside the box and servicing the valve body at the same time. I can assure smoother shifts. Guaranteed.

At the same time, check for premature or uneven clutch wear and even burn 'terbakar' marks. There are multiple clutch plates for each gear. Your gears and pinions should last the lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooo... that means, my auto tranny still can be fix laa.. not like they said when rosak, buang... can you suggest the best way to rebuild or upgrade the D engine without sacrificing the service period?

ooo... that means, my auto tranny still can be fix laa.. not like they said when rosak, buang... can you suggest the best way to rebuild or upgrade the D engine without sacrificing the service period?

yes, the auto 'box can be fixed. can be overhauled. but many take the easy way out and get a used one. cheaper, easier. your shot

best way to increase power from your D15?

I/H/E

intake. header. exhaust.

ooo... you mean that, port & polish? or change the header? i'm sorry i'm not good at this..

ooo... you mean that, port & polish? or change the header? i'm sorry i'm not good at this..

no no

not port and polish, thats advanced level already.

What I meant was get a good intake, maybe K&N or HKS, then some good headers (extractor lah) and a sweet exhaust.

All that for under one grand.

Top Bottom