small motorbike batt to replace ICE Caps?

tigershark1976

Known Member
Serch thru the web can find any info...Just wonder, a lot of people said thatICE caps is no use, cos the amount of current stored inside is too small, if we install a small motorbike battery, say 12V 10AH type, connected near to the Amp on the booth as a secondary battery, would it help to supply the amp power faster than having a single battery at the engine bay? Or even better, use both ICE cpas and a small battery at the booth? so that we can have the best of both world... fast power supply and reasonable quantity of current when more power is needed fromthe amp suddently? Just a wild idea, pls comment...

Well

It depends on whether do you need the extra battery or not.
Also is you want to use a small batery at the back, why dont you use a large one instead?

And what is ICE cpas???

Well

It depends on whether do you need the extra battery or not.
Also is you want to use a small batery at the back, why dont you use a large one instead?

And what is ICE cpas???

use a small 1 because:

1) dun think the amp need so much, so no point to buy a big 1..
2) too heavy, extra load = less performance+ more petrol
3) too risky, if the return wire not done properly for big batt, ur alternator will koyak very fast.... my friend kena b4 where he shifted his batt to the back and batt koyak after 2 months, after checking it, the mechanic told him that installation got problem...

erm...tigershark1976...i got one opinion here....concernin point num2...the
"2) too heavy, extra load = less performance+ more petrol"
erm..normally u can onli choose one thing...which is..performance[speed]..beauty[exterior]..or ICE[soundsystem]...tat's for me la..now pushin performance away...jst for ICE

kelvin--- said:
erm...tigershark1976...i got one opinion here....concernin point num2...the
"2) too heavy, extra load = less performance+ more petrol"
erm..normally u can onli choose one thing...which is..performance[speed]..beauty[exterior]..or ICE[soundsystem]...tat's for me la..now pushin performance away...jst for ICE

ya i know but question is, is it required to have additional large batt at the booth to maximise the potential of the power? if yes, of cos we will add, thats y we are in this forum (ICE Forum), if not, it is not necessary rite?

I'll try to take out the batt from my yamaha 100cc sport(dunno how big) and my father's altis (35AH) to compare... see whether worth for the effort b4 proceeding buying a new batt

tigershark1976 said:
use a small 1 because:

1) dun think the amp need so much, so no point to buy a big 1..

if you dont think the amp doesnt need that extra current then why do it?

quote=tigershark1976]
2) too heavy, extra load = less performance+ more petrol[/quote]

When istalling ICe in car you compromise performance vs entertainment. Not only will it add extra load, also amp will draw extra current so is you want more performance in your car dont install amps and subs.

tigershark1976 said:
3) too risky, if the return wire not done properly for big batt, ur alternator will koyak very fast.... my friend kena b4 where he shifted his batt to the back and batt koyak after 2 months, after checking it, the mechanic told him that installation got problem...

Its the same thing with other electronics and electrical item i.e amps, speakers and HU. If you dont know how to wire them then why take the risk??? Why not ask someone who basically knows abut wiring to do it??

Top Bottom