Skyline V35/350GT anyone?

gobiz

500 RPM
No one looking at these?

They use VQ35 engines, very well regarded.

Much newer cars, and lower profile than the aggressive GTRs.

(There's a Cosworth short block VQ35 for both N/A and FI applications, Nismo also have a crate engine for the VQ35 - 450bhp N/A).

Err Skyline owner kiamsiap
3.5 punya road tax mahal la

but GTR owner different la.
even 3.8 Road tax is cheaper compared to Ferrari
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dunno about you bro, VQ35 are very expensive and little to upgrade and the HP you gain are not much with that huge $$ spend on it! I had spend over RM10k but only gain 15ps on wheels last time when I still own the 350Z! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Err Skyline owner kiamsiap
3.5 punya road tax mahal la

but GTR owner different la.
even 3.8 Road tax is cheaper compared to Ferrari
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yalor, but the R32-4 GTRs are for young and dangerous set, hot-blooded young guys....

Me a bit older and more boring type of person, so maybe need something more GT and less racy :itsme: Summore with wifey and kids :slug:

Dunno about you bro, VQ35 are very expensive and little to upgrade and the HP you gain are not much with that huge $$ spend on it! I had spend over RM10k but only gain 15ps on wheels last time when I still own the 350Z! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well, consider that R32-34 GTRs are between 10-20 years old, so maintaining them properly also won't be that cheap... unless you are well-connected to the garage/workshops.

Actually, I'm seeing the big tuners overseas in Japan and US are starting to embrace the VQ engines more and moving on from the RB scene. Lots of products for the VQ has come on the market from JUN, NISMO, TOP SECRET, MINES and even COSWORTH. US and Aussie tuners have produced VQ35s with outputs between 500-700hp very easily.

When did you have the Z? :wavey: They are very cheap in UK nowadays, starting from £7000 but I cannot buy - only got 2 seats....luckily the 350GT is there (in my humble opinion looks better too :biggrin: )

£7000.. wow that real cheap.. even in malaysia also need 11xk -15xk depend on spec and year -.-

I kinda like the V35 actually. Prefer it over the Z33.

Yalor, but the R32-4 GTRs are for young and dangerous set, hot-blooded young guys....

Me a bit older and more boring type of person, so maybe need something more GT and less racy :itsme: Summore with wifey and kids :slug:

Well, consider that R32-34 GTRs are between 10-20 years old, so maintaining them properly also won't be that cheap... unless you are well-connected to the garage/workshops.

Actually, I'm seeing the big tuners overseas in Japan and US are starting to embrace the VQ engines more and moving on from the RB scene. Lots of products for the VQ has come on the market from JUN, NISMO, TOP SECRET, MINES and even COSWORTH. US and Aussie tuners have produced VQ35s with outputs between 500-700hp very easily.

When did you have the Z? :wavey: They are very cheap in UK nowadays, starting from £7000 but I cannot buy - only got 2 seats....luckily the 350GT is there (in my humble opinion looks better too :biggrin: )

I sold my 350z Tommy Kaira Edition about 5 months ago, as I said, too much $$ spend with little HP gain! FYI, I invited a tuner from Top Fuel Japan to come over to Malaysia to install the HKS V Pro ECU and tuned it. With all the $$ spend, I only gain about 15ps on wheels, BUT, I managed to outrun a 350z equipped with so called "Plug & Play" HKS Supercharger KIT installed and tuned by a local tuner! You see what I am trying to tell you now? A good tuner is very important despite any high grade or expensive performance parts you bought....:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

I sold my 350z Tommy Kaira Edition about 5 months ago, as I said, too much $$ spend with little HP gain! FYI, I invited a tuner from Top Fuel Japan to come over to Malaysia to install the HKS V Pro ECU and tuned it. With all the $$ spend, I only gain about 15ps on wheels, BUT, I managed to outrun a 350z equipped with so called "Plug & Play" HKS Supercharger KIT installed and tuned by a local tuner! You see what I am trying to tell you now? A good tuner is very important despite any high grade or expensive performance parts you bought....:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Wah! Nice... Tommy Kaira ! :adore: Do you have any pictures?

What else did you install apart from the ECU? From local experience over here in UK, remapping for NA engines offer very little benefit. Remapping for turbocharged engines offers a lot more gains.

From the little reading I've done on VQ35 tuning, apparently changing the cams and more headwork will offer a lot more benefit.

Hehehe, if I go for the 350GT, I'll drive it around first while saving up, then might get a low-compression Cosworth shortblock with twin turbos... YUMMMM :burnout:

Wah! Nice... Tommy Kaira ! :adore: Do you have any pictures?

What else did you install apart from the ECU? From local experience over here in UK, remapping for NA engines offer very little benefit. Remapping for turbocharged engines offers a lot more gains.

From the little reading I've done on VQ35 tuning, apparently changing the cams and more headwork will offer a lot more benefit.

Hehehe, if I go for the 350GT, I'll drive it around first while saving up, then might get a low-compression Cosworth shortblock with twin turbos... YUMMMM :burnout:

Well, beside the ECU, I only change into HKS spark plug, HKS SLD, and HKS suction kit. Others than this, everything else is stock, but bare in mind that, it already been modified in Japan by Tommy Kaira factory before it been delivered to me. The modification done by them are: Muffler, Manifold, Transmission (gear ratio been changed), brake system, wheels, seats, suspension, power steering pump, and etc...So, the response time I get is much better than standard or Nismo version 350Z.
Here are some picture that I taken while the tuner is remapping and installing the ECU on the 350z and sorry for the quality of the pictures as it was taken by my handphone. More if you would like to see it....cheers and have fun...:wavey:

Attachments

• TK1.jpg
    TK1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 290
  • TK.jpg
    TK.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 306
  • TK2.jpg
    TK2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 341
  • TK3.jpg
    TK3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 323
  • TK4.jpg
    TK4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 372
NISMO S-Tune, that's a nice ride. Don't think I've ever seen a Z33 Tommy Kaira version here on the streets before. Love the calipers.

NISMO S-Tune, that's a nice ride. Don't think I've ever seen a Z33 Tommy Kaira version here on the streets before. Love the calipers.

Thanks bro! Kind of hard to let go but too expensive to upgrade and the limitation is there also. The whole car was controlled by electronic component, even with minor changes, the original ECU (not the HKS V Pro) need to be reset again! Very fussy....:hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

nice Tommy Kaira Z bro ... love to have those brake set in my car

for the one who buy ur car ... one hell of a lucky chap ... its a full-spec very rare TK-Z

WAH! Nice car Nismo! Very special....:adore:

But I noticed it's an automatic....:nurse:

Anyway, what are you driving now? I think for NA cars, upgrading will always be a bit frustrating and expensive...unless you go for mega-displacement like the Americans...unfortunately our stupid road tax system will kill us if we have big displacement cars :mad:

In the UK, if your car is 7.0L or even 12.0L, road tax is max £400....even if 12.0L, if it was registered before 2001, tax is only £185!:mad:

So in Msia, the only way to go is Forced Induction.

I've found a few 350GTs here with 6-speed manual transmission!! :party:

nismo,
call japanese come here tuner...walau...=.=...sure very expensive.

for the one who buy ur car ... one hell of a lucky chap ... its a full-spec very rare TK-Z

The bad news is, the new owner flipped the car upside down within a week after buying from me! No kidding...I am trying to look for the pictures of the wreck and will post it once I found it.

The bad news is, the new owner flipped the car upside down within a week after buying from me! No kidding...I am trying to look for the pictures of the wreck and will post it once I found it.

I have the wrecked car's pix somewhere... I think. :rofl::rofl:

Bodoh unlimited... Good car gone to the dumpster. Be vary if there's one in KL. Heard they are trying to put it together and sell it, well definitely not in KK. Probably ship it to S'wak or KL. Ask S-Tune he's got more info.

Thanks bro..here are some more clearer pictures of my old ride... :biggrin:

Bump:
I have the wrecked car's pix somewhere... I think. :rofl::rofl:

Bodoh unlimited... Good car gone to the dumpster. Be vary if there's one in KL. Heard they are trying to put it together and sell it, well definitely not in KK. Probably ship it to S'wak or KL. Ask S-Tune he's got more info.

Bro, if you still have that pictures, post it here lah..lets our friends here how that guy trashed such a nice limited car! :smokin:

Bump:
WAH! Nice car Nismo! Very special....:adore:

But I noticed it's an automatic....:nurse:

Anyway, what are you driving now? I think for NA cars, upgrading will always be a bit frustrating and expensive...unless you go for mega-displacement like the Americans...unfortunately our stupid road tax system will kill us if we have big displacement cars :mad:

In the UK, if your car is 7.0L or even 12.0L, road tax is max £400....even if 12.0L, if it was registered before 2001, tax is only £185!:mad:

So in Msia, the only way to go is Forced Induction.

I've found a few 350GTs here with 6-speed manual transmission!! :party:

Yeap, is an auto and you will be surprised how good is the response and also changing in between gear...quite impressive...I am now driving Skyline GTR34 Nismo version..much much more powerful than the Z! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg