Silicone Wipers vs Rubber Wipers - Which is better? (Open discussion)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
always wanted to try silicon but couldn't find a cheap one. One problem here, whenever the wiper wipe my screen, a layer of haze will appear and this is disturbing. Have to wait for few seconds for it to go off. What's the problem?
Haze is usually because of oil or rainX or something that you used to clean or wipe the screen. Stop using dish washing soap and don't wax the windscreen.

Or it could be dried raw egg which is a pain to remove.

Either way just wash down your windscreen with some car wash, clay it with some suitable lube and if you have the machine, polish it with the windscreen polish. Then try a new SWV wiper on it. SWV is one of the cheapest with lifetime warranty.

I am using Dura Edge now and is alrdy 3 years still good...
Lucky you. I think mine was the same as yours (brand) - black box with red wording and some yellow right? If yes mine scratched the crap outta my screen

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haze is usually because of oil or rainX or something that you used to clean or wipe the screen. Stop using dish washing soap and don't wax the windscreen.

Either way just wash down your windscreen with some car wash, clay it with some suitable lube and if you have the machine, polish it with the windscreen polish. Then try a new SWV wiper on it. SWV is one of the cheapest with lifetime warranty.

Lucky you. I think mine was the same as yours (brand) - black box with red wording and some yellow right? If yes mine scratched the crap outta my screen
How did you encounter raw eggs on the windscreen? Some one throw at you? There was an email going around that if they throw raw eggs on the windscreen don't use the wipers or it will smear across and cannot see through. Have not encounter before, so not sure whether true or not?

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
Try cleaning the windscreen and see.....
What should I use to clean my windscreen? The haze is annoying during night drive.

Nope I've never clean using dish washing soap. I think it's because of rainX, is it advisable to stop using it? No it's not raw egg, just slight haze whenever I turn on the viper. Thanks for recommendation. I should start looking for windscreen polish by now

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What should I use to clean my windscreen? The haze is annoying during night drive.

Nope I've never clean using dish washing soap. I think it's because of rainX, is it advisable to stop using it? No it's not raw egg, just slight haze whenever I turn on the viper. Thanks for recommendation. I should start looking for windscreen polish by now
I normally wouldn't recommend rainX unless you use normal rubber wipers. Try switching back to rubber and see if it still hazes up. It's cheaper to change wipers than to polish the windscreen! Anyway, I have no idea how to remove RainX other than polishing it and yes - I would recommend you stop using it. But that's my personal opinion

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can buy the glass or windscreen polish. Some use vinegar....

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I normally wouldn't recommend rainX unless you use normal rubber wipers. Try switching back to rubber and see if it still hazes up. It's cheaper to change wipers than to polish the windscreen! Anyway, I have no idea how to remove RainX other than polishing it and yes - I would recommend you stop using it. But that's my personal opinion
Remove Rain X have to polish it off.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, if u found this car anywhere, please help to inform me 012-2826080 or my friend Shairol at 012-2793956.
This car stolen this morning infront owner sumore!

Car details ;
- 96 front bpart with cf hood
- rear custom bumper
- RED color
- b16a engine
- front bumper got CAI

here some pics of the car..

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience