Screeching sound in the morning

cynicks

Known Member
Hi Guys,

Wanted to ask you guys about maybe a small issue with my GTT R34. Every morning when i start, there's a short screeching sound like worn out belts. After that, it won't happen till the next morning again.

I've changed all the belts since I've got the car 2 months ago. I notice this sound appearing before I change the beltings too. What could be it ?

Hi Guys,

Wanted to ask you guys about maybe a small issue with my GTT R34. Every morning when i start, there's a short screeching sound like worn out belts. After that, it won't happen till the next morning again.

I've changed all the belts since I've got the car 2 months ago. I notice this sound appearing before I change the beltings too. What could be it ?

Your neighbour's cat likes to sleep in the wheel arch so when you start the engine, dia terkejut.

Hi Guys,

If belts are new, what happens is that they stretch after initial install so not as tight as supposed to be hence why they slip when starting car. So just go back to mechanic and ask him to tighten it. It's like changing new guitar strings; you string it and tune it and after its stretched properly, you need to retune by basically tightening it.

That's as layman as I can do without cats involved.

Hahaha.. good one bro! :rofl:

Hahahah well have to rule out all possibilities.

If that belts properly install then....you need to clean up your starter. I got experience this before....full of dust/carbon...I`m just blow air it.

nick ... ur car tried to say smthing to u ... PLEASE DRIVE ME EVERYDAY ... hahaha

btw, it also happened to me whenever i do not drive the car for days or weeks

Haiyah.. you guys ah very the jokers man... Thanks for all the thoughts though, will check starter and tighten the belts.

Seems like belts are all nicely fastened, starter motor is alright. Just that, the pulleys are rusted. Mech says that could cause it to screeam in the morning. Had some greased on it, and ... this morning. Its alright.

Yeah.. will be 'banging' her up hill this holiday.. anyone wants to join ?

cynicks, now driving GTT R34 huh....bussiness must been doing well..
good luck bro.....

Bro Danz...

No ler... just wanted to fulfill my dream only... maybe next month will sell... ;)

huh...so fast ah....
this R34 is your 10th car? wah so rich wan ah....next mth buy R35? hehe.....

Top Bottom