Satria Neo engine swap

gbis1985

Sep 18, 2009
Aberdeen UK
Looking to swap standard 1.6 campro for somthing with a bit more grunt. see a few with EVO engines and the GSR turbo, but looking for somthing a bit different. been looking at buying an FTO for cheep and using the 2.0ltr v6 out of that....

first off i'm just wondering if it would fit?
what else would i have to strip out of the fto to make this work?
plus what custom parts would i have to look at getting made?

all help welcome.

live in UK so no probs with putting bigger engine in the neo. :driver:

Neyo

Known Member
Jun 29, 2007
I hv a fren who has de fto engine in a gen2 chassis..i can tell u its a really tight fit n a lot of modification done on de mountings..power wise,definitely it pulls much harder but de 1 real setback is dat it made de car really "nose heavy" n its especially noticeable wen u gun it on a downhill run where even twinport brakes gets "cooked" easily..but i must add dat de engine jz purrs wonderfully at idle n power delivery is rather linear..

Last edited:

gbis1985

Sep 18, 2009
Aberdeen UK
Thanks for that Neyo.... got any better sugestions of engines that you've seen?
Really need to UP THE HORSES!!! :party:

Jzpower

Nov 24, 2008
I have try this car b4... this car is really powerful and respondsive as well, bcoz the engine has changed to b18c and replaced the ori sensor throttle to cable type...
dun really feel heavy nose on this car coz the weight is not much different for the campro and vtec engine... the only different is the power/weight ratio has improve a lot!...
+this car is running on powerFC, so the power line is dramatically smooth as well...

andy_coupe

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
London
www.zerotohundred.com
I am in UK too, mate. Wouldn't such a change be quite a nightmare on your insurance since it would no longer qualify as stock? Or do you have a way around it?

Jzpower

Nov 24, 2008
to be honest, this car have gone through lots of modification...
such as the manifold which have to be lengthen to prevent hitting the oil sump pan, custom driveshaft needed to be forged to handle the power...
if not mistaken the petrol tank have to modified as well...
but the wiring is considered easy on this car...
it is all about money+time... but the satisfactory of the product money cant buy!
it is always the fact tat hw you wan to spend your money...

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
CHallenging and satisfying if you have the time AND money, which most of us here don;t have, if not we most likely won;t be driving Neos...but then, its a great result to have and piss off all the purists out there!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to do some survey, coz currently i'm using 4G63T engine. How much the current market price on 4G63T from Vr4 Cylone to Evo3 range. The reason i;m asking because after JPJ put new rule that engine price drop..so is it a good time to buy one for a spare..:regular_smile: maybe not complete part if small part price drop also ok to save it as sparepart
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience