RS Audio or Micro-Precision Component Speaker

Hello, all sifu here,
I am planning to get a new set SQ component speaker into my car.

I am tested the RS Audio & Micro-Precision Component speaker at different ACC. shop, these 2 brands are sounded very good , good pricing & both of them are made in Germany.
Because of this, I don't know which component speaker should me choose.
So, anyone sifu can give me some advice about this brands.

Thank you

which one sounded better to you? how did you run the test? using your amp in your car enviroment or jus in the shop?

to me... both brand is good enough... but hav to see the power you are feeding them... and also matching the amps... choose the ones tht sounded better to you... if they both sounded the same to you.. then take the lower priced ones... same you some money for the wires as whichever you buy they sound the same to you and well better save the money...

cheers....

Does they provide you test untill satisfy service to you?

what amp will u be using and what type of music do u listen to...?

RS works great with dynamic amps and micro precision better with warm amps

RS good with bassy, faster songs, MP better with instruments, slower songs

Which series/model is that ?

a) RS Audio Advanced
b) RS Audio Pro
c) RS Audio SPL
d) Micro Z series
e) Micro 7 series
f) Micro 5 series

My 1st choice always Scanspeak.. haa haa.. like zen said if U more to R&B, Pop & Rock go to RS Pro coz Rs pro Mid can play lower than Micro Precision.. If Ur music more to Jazz Fushion, Country MP is the best laa..

I have listen to MP 3way using 7.28 MKII, 5.8 MKII & 7.16 MKII match with 3 x Genesis DM, the sound like 'kelam kabut' coz MP need longer time break in.. so I can't say anything laa

Just like oldskolboyz & zen said which type music you like, if you like music more in rock,R&B &etc. RS are better or you like music more in vocal, jazz & instrument, MP are more better. For me, I will choose MP, because I like music more in vocal, details & high efficiency.
As I know that the MP 7.28MKII tweeter is same with scanspeak 2904/600000. For 7.16MKII also is scanspeak driver,but i don't know it same with scanspeak which type.

klchew said:
As I know that the MP 7.28MKII tweeter is same with scanspeak 2904/600000. For 7.16MKII also is scanspeak driver,but i don't know it same with scanspeak which type.

I dont think so .. if AudioTechnology could be?

AudioTechnology by Skaaning
Audiotechnology is a family owned company founded by Ejvind and Per Skaaning. Our production facilities are situated in Stilling, Denmark. Ejvind Skaaning was the guiding force behind several loudspeaker companies in Denmark; among the most prominent are Scan-Speak and Dynaudio corporations, both founded by Mr. Skaaning.

just asked the RS Pro price yesterday. it almost 8k.......damn expensive lar....

If I.. I did not said like that 'damn expensive' but 'LANTOOOOIIIIIIII' to shop owner... even RS Pro SE around RM5K++.. RS Pro should be RM4K++

yea tell that shop taukeh go fly kite, price should be half that...

If U got frend always travel to Indonesia than good laa.. coz over there RS Pro 165 price Rupiah 8.2M = <RM3.3K & cheaper than Malaysia by RM1K++..

a) Alpine F#1 status (DVI9990E + PXI-H990), around Rupiah 33M = <RM13K, here more than >RM15K
b) Clarion HX-D2, Rupiah 5.5M = <RM2.2K, here if U have >RM5K than U can ask
c) Siti Nurhaliza CD, Rupiah 25K = RM10-00, here if not RM49.90 dont ever dream can get lower than that... haaa haaa......

Last edited:
zaki, you deng funny la! Can you pick up a Siti cd for me the next time you go Indonesia. :embaressed_smile:

Like that better move to Indonesia for playing ICE ...lol...

haa.. haa.. in Indonesia, some cap ayam selling price is higher than branded 1 due to higher demand..

why cheaper?
a) RS Audio, Mcintosh, Zelos just enter into their market recently..
b) Bigger market = Higher Demand
c) ICE Competition very active, specially IASCA & EMMA
d) Music is their life, our ppl 'rempit' & 'bohsia' is true life..

oldskolboyz said:
If U got frend always travel to Indonesia than good laa.. coz over there RS Pro 165 price Rupiah 8.2M = <RM3.3K & cheaper than Malaysia by RM1K++..

Hahaha,sifu,i will go to Indonesia next time,who want order ?
Maybe i can do leh?huhu