Need advice to upgrade audio system on Myvi

Oct 8, 2018
hi guys. I’m pretty new in car audio. I really need some advice here on the speaker arrangements. I listen to mostly jazz n classical music. My budget for the speakers are below rm3k. Amp will probably be a n old Soundstream 4 channel tr500/4. Now my question is. Should I get a 3 way component speaker system, where I place the 4” woofer and tweeter at the dashboard and the 6.5” woofer at the rear door OR get a 2 way component speaker (4” or 6.5” woofer) for the front dashboard and another set of coaxial speaker for the rear door. Im hoping to get this done by the weekend. So any quick help is much appreciated. Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
3-way component speakers is out of your budget bro.. for jazz and classical you should focus on mids and sub. Spend your money on a custom door panel, 2-way component, wiring and depending on your space requirements - get either an underseat woofer or a decent 10" sub with sealed enclosure.

You plan to DIY or send to a shop?

roy24335435

Sep 29, 2018
3-way component speakers is out of your budget bro.. for jazz and classical you should focus on mids and sub. Spend your money on a custom door panel, 2-way component, wiring and depending on your space requirements - get either an underseat woofer or a decent 10" sub with sealed enclosure.

You plan to DIY or send to a shop?
hi boss can i put 6.5" speaker on myvi lagi best rear speaker..i believe there only 3 screw hole..if i buy speaker with 4 screw hole what should i do?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi boss can i put 6.5" speaker on myvi lagi best rear speaker..i believe there only 3 screw hole..if i buy speaker with 4 screw hole what should i do?
The question is what for? You are the driver so you should put the speakers in the front to enjoy. Put at the back and you only improve the sound at the back. Is the lagi-best still dashboard 4" speakers? If you're on a budget, get decent 2-way speakers and replace your dash speakers and be done with it. If you have a bigger budget then changing to 2-way components like those from Blam and Rainbow (extra high sensitivity component speakers, usually above 90dB) will make a difference but you'll need to modify your door panels to fit the 5.25" or 6" speakers.

roy24335435

Sep 29, 2018
The question is what for? You are the driver so you should put the speakers in the front to enjoy. Put at the back and you only improve the sound at the back. Is the lagi-best still dashboard 4" speakers? If you're on a budget, get decent 2-way speakers and replace your dash speakers and be done with it. If you have a bigger budget then changing to 2-way components like those from Blam and Rainbow (extra high sensitivity component speakers, usually above 90dB) will make a difference but you'll need to modify your door panels to fit the 5.25" or 6" speakers.

well izso...i already changed the dashboard speaker with 2 way coxial 4" and my boot shelf have been cutted which i fit 6.5' caliber mid bass speaker and it support by power amp 2 channel..
so what i left is rear door speaker which is original myvi speaker.
there are many thing to ask you about this...i wonder that can i pm u in private..because im about to order new speaker for the rear door..im scared it cannot fit ...i heard about modify the door but if i can change with correct speaker size it would be really nice without any modify.. any help over here? should i buy speaker with 3 screw or 4 with bracket mounting? i really dont know what size really fit into that door.....sorry for long post

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
well izso...i already changed the dashboard speaker with 2 way coxial 4" and my boot shelf have been cutted which i fit 6.5' caliber mid bass speaker and it support by power amp 2 channel..
there are many thing to ask you about this...i wonder that can i pm u in private..because im about to order new speaker for the rear door..im scared it cannot fit ...i heard about modify the door but if i can change with correct speaker size it would be really nice without any modify.. any help over here? should i buy speaker with 3 screw or 4 with bracket mounting? i really dont know what size really fit into that door.....sorry for long post
Bro, this is a forum where people share information and swap knowledge. Don't worry about long post or private. We chat here so other people can read and learn also.

The door panel default only 3 screws? Then just make one more hole with those self tapping screws or build a wooden bracket to or if you have the budget, an aluminum bracket to hold the speaker.

Based on what you have now - I think you can do better la. Come compare your sound vs my Myvi sound. I only have component speakers with stock player and under-seat woofer, no amp. The sound is pretty impressive for the amount I paid for it (RM1k plus a little) and my mid-bass speakers are custom fitted to the door. It's been with me for almost 8 years and still going strong, except the stock Myvi player. The buttons are committing suicide.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought I told you? I need to go back to Brothers again soon. Another button broke off so now only 3 radio buttons work. Thankfully CD still works
Yah! you told me looking for HU, but did not know the old one committing suicide....hhahahhahaha

The JVC or Kenwood ones you saw?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi guys. I’m pretty new in car audio. I really need some advice here on the speaker arrangements. I listen to mostly jazz n classical music. My budget for the speakers are below rm3k. Amp will probably be a n old Soundstream 4 channel tr500/4. Now my question is. Should I get a 3 way component speaker system, where I place the 4” woofer and tweeter at the dashboard and the 6.5” woofer at the rear door OR get a 2 way component speaker (4” or 6.5” woofer) for the front dashboard and another set of coaxial speaker for the rear door. Im hoping to get this done by the weekend. So any quick help is much appreciated. Thanks
This is my setup hooked to my stock player and an underseat woofer. That's it.

IMG-0097.JPG

roy24335435

Sep 29, 2018

well its already done by make new hole...now im wondering about to install preamp... can i loop power from power amp to pre amp?? or do i need new cable..please refer to picture
check_LI.jpg

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Pre-amp? Modern head units with high pre-outs won’t need preamps anymore.

Biggest bang for buck is a mono amp plus a subwoofer.

roy24335435

Sep 29, 2018
You can but why would you need to? You don't need a pre-amp la. Those are most of the time a waste of money.
yea i know ..HU already got good equlizer..but my setup is dash board and rear door speaker direct from HU. while my boot shelf speaker powered by power amp for only bass out..so if i setting bass from HU then my dashboard and rear door also play bass which cause distortion something like that...
what i want to do here is.. i want install pre amp only for my boot shelf speaker ( which is only bass) for allow certain bass band frequency only.. so i think it will be more clean bass from the back..furthermore i can turn off bass from HU EQ..so my rear door and dash board speaker will play only midrange to lowest mid range frequency...how about that master..tell me which part im wrong here include guidance..
Thank you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all 61T master,

I still cannot forget the feeling / excitement when I newly bring my car out from garage with 1.2 bar boosting in the street. After that successfully reduce the boost by installing new hose for actuator currently having my stock engine boosting @ 0.5 bar.
Now, I'm feeling itchy and want to up boost @ 0.8 bar (Enough for me as I'm fuel-consious person) and need master's advice for me what to do. Just simply up boost? Or what do I need in the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience