Repair or sell? Major accident

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Danny

500 RPM
This morning was an unlucky day for me, somehow the brakes were locked and I flew up a curb before hitting a small hill while negotiating a corner, sigh, hours after I collect my car from the workshop. There was a loud bang before the car came to a halt and I saw the windscreen shatter in front of my eyes. Luckily I had a glass tint so it did not pierce through the driver and passenger compartment.

When I came out, I can see that the whole front compartment from the radiator and intercooler was smashed and the front bent downwards. The oil filter flew out and engine oil leaked all over. The car battery also flew out, mainly because I did not use a battery clip. I assume the oil sump was broken as well. No need to say, the bumper broke into pieces as that was the first thing to hit the hill. Surprisingly the carbon fibre bonnet was intact, except for some small cracks. After towing to my mech's shop, I noticed that the middle part of the chassis was bent as well besides the front part whereby the crossmember bent among other parts.

I'm not sure if it can be considered as a total loss claim but if it is not, can the car run reliabily after repairing the chassis? Or, is it advisable to just sell it off after repairs and start looking for a new one?

sorry for u.. i think u should sell it and buy new one.... no "pening2" hehehe..

so sad to hear dat...

da car wont be in a safe drivable condition even after u repair it....jz claim total lost...

been der, done dat. :(

Sorry to hear about your accident Danny but most important is you are OK!

how to claim total loss? Who determines whether it is in a repairable state or to claim total loss?

thanks for the concen Joeker, yea lucky also nothing happened to me and my friend considering he didn't wear any safety belt . I've taken the road many times but yesterday the brake just locked and the tuning was out (boost came in late during corner), perhaps next time if I do any modification to the car I have to test it carefully for a few days before getting used to the response again. Now hopefully can salvage some parts especially the turbo, it'll be a real waste but what to do sometimes things are fated.

jz talk to da insurance agents...write off n claim total lost....

no one actually spefified whi determine da repairable state of da car...it may be da workshop, da agent or even urself....

dat time, da car chassis was gone too, da rear, sort off like twisted n bent...but da workshop said can repair, by welding n things like dat n sek lui to da jpj's...its is very sayang la da car but its not safe nymore...

ok then, i told them, u guys do wateva welding, metal bending n spray job u can, but after its done, i will personally go to jpj for inspection n told them dat dis car accident b4 n its welded....so the workshop is not confident to repair n gvg me any positive gurantees.....

dat is how i got my claims from da insurance company...went back da next day, got back da timer, bov, amp n some soft toys n other forgotten stuffs...

da claim jz paid off bout a month o 2 ago....quite high price i got....almost as parallel wit da wira 2nd value of da same manufacturers date

da ony wasted part is da engine...its in perfect condition at front, but since i oredy write off to agent, da car it their property.

claim total loss is best way
and at the same time salvage all the part first

sorry to hear that, danny...

it's best to claim total loss...once chassis iss bent/damaged, then u can forget about whatever performance the car's gonna give...

get EVERYTHING out, but engine have to stay, as the number is registered on the geran.

sorri to hear that fren.. but thank God u and fren OK..

its scary to hear suddenly our brake jammed and we skidded.. without notice and anything... aiihh..

how to prevent this ar?.. or its just pure luck..

sorry to hear bout your accident man. hope everythign works out. :)

Sorry to hear about your accident, Danny...

I had my share of accident back in June 2004 - whole front undercarriage was replaced. From there, the chassis not 100% straight anymore.

Anyway, knowing that you are OK is more important...

Better to write the car off.

I'm sorry to hear ur accident Danny. No matter what happened to ur car as long as u r ok without injuries, that's great news edi.

IMHO, since ur car's chassis is out of shape edi....... it's recommended that u write off the car. Even after u got it straighten the chassis but u r running with a 63T & i doubt that the car's handling will not be the same as before.

sorry to hear abt your predicament........good thing u are OK.

if the chassis is too badly twisted, u shld think of selling off the car and replace ur mods into ur new car.......

take care bro..........

Bro ... damn!! :( so sorry to hear about this. Its a complete shock to me!! Somemore with the new turbo? Man... I hope you're ok, be strong and cheer up ya.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom