Removing Rev Cut from Evo3 ECU?

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
Hi all experts here:

I'm currently on a CE9A (Evo 3)... Need your advise on whether there is a way to remove the stock Rev-Cut function from the ECU (Around 7500 RPM) without using piggyback (eg: Emanage Ultimate or Full ECU)?

Any way to put in place a resistor or something (not expert in electronics) to 'bypass' that rev cut? Thanks a million for the help

Cheers

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
cipan_supercas said:
To me, it's just a matter of poking a few keystrokes and burn a new reprogramme chip.
Understand there are some experts that do the chips but any advise or details which can be illustrated so as to do it DIY? (Or perhaps do some wiring to the existing ECU to bypass the Rev-Cut)...

Thanks for the patience

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
cipan_supercas,
I think they want to do de-soldering job and put the ic socket in and solder back.
Then, order the "chip" from you...he...he...he

When they put the "chip" in, the car can not start and they complain on your "chip"...ha....ha....ha

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
ecupro said:
cipan_supercas,
I think they want to do de-soldering job and put the ic socket in and solder back.
Then, order the "chip" from you...he...he...he

When they put the "chip" in, the car can not start and they complain on your "chip"...ha....ha....ha
I still need the car send over to me so that I can do the tuning.... not simply copy and shove it into the ic socket.... and I can avoid their complain that the car cannot be fire up.... hehe..

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
jinkl said:
e3 bypass rev cut errr get a rechip
Well thanks for all who replied...

Guess the only way is to get a re-chip other than Full ECU or piggyback...

Cuz I was quoted an amount for re-chip at a price which I felt was abit steep to do a rev-cut bypass...

Hmm, thanks for all the advise... Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I`m a mechanic myself. but this Renault Kangoo is givin me headache! Cold start,ok! But when it has done 5 to 10km, it will suddenly dies off! I had top-overhaul the engine, T.belt replaced, coil replaced,CPU re-set,battery replaced. The temp. gauge shows fine at optimum. At times it will jerks when accelerate. An original fuel pump was also placed. pls help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience