Reality TV makes a game out of auto repossession w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

As a petrolhead, it's a complete nightmare and something we wouldn't even wish on our worst enemies but auto repossession is a very painful and heart-wrenching ordeal. Reality television being reality television, and having produced other masterpieces such as 'Extreme paint watching' and shows that follow socialite families around with daughters that made home videos for their boyfriends, it has now dove into the life of car repossessing.

Repo Games has a simple premise that appears to be a combination of repossession and 'Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.' The repo guys will be going after real cars belonging to people that have actually defaulted on their payments but if the vehicle owner can correctly answer three out of five general knowlwdge questions correctly, they get to keep their vehicle outright, pink slip and all.

We can't quite put our fingers on it but there's just something from the trailer that we seem to connect with. It could be the initial hard-on approach of the burly repo guys that come shouting and banging on the doorsteps of the owners, the angry owners that fight back or the bulky repo guys that suddenly get all friendly and soft when reading the owners the questions.

The thing is, the questions themselves sound downright easy, things that even we should know, but the answer isn't always easy to come by. Plus, we're pretty sure there's a selection process for who they target.

From the trailer, it does actually look like a very interesting show that is capable of touching people's hearts and not just another mindless time-waster. Perhaps we could use our very own show here that picks on credit card defaulters or police summons defaulters.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1pt8VOrvTdI" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via Autoblog

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I need your expertise.

My above car has got some problems ;
a) temperature gauge-sent car for alarm problem & the assessory guy shorted it. how can i get a replacement part?

b) door panels - top part on the inner(where you pull to close) door - plastics broken. where can i get this fixed?

TQ very much for your kind assistance.
Ragu is online now Forward Message
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience