rb26dettt core mods

SanTa_Clause

Known Member
oil pumps vs horsepower?

n1 oil pumps can support how many horses?

those tomei,jun,nismo how many horses?

engine bearings.....acl/kings which one is better?anyone knows the supplier n price?

pistons.

eagle/je/crower/tomei which one is better then the other?

conrods can it be inter changeable between each other?say u go for je pistons,can u kawin it with eagle conrods?

sifus... comment.

aaaaa Tomei RB30 complete crate motor can solve your problem.Order it through SS Racing hehehehehehehehe :P :P :P

ok jz kidding.mmmm looking from your query bro I think you need to do your own homework first by using google.com :) A lot of GTR forum across the world has discuss this so many time. You can drop by at UK GTROC.com forum and Australia GTR forum :) Read from there and later on if you have confusion you can refer to sifu here :) but me no sifu my car snail snail one always smoke by GTR huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh :P :P :P

i think they made it b4, as far as i can remember rb30 only available in complete engine package but that was before, now i cannot find the engine in their website.

Found this on the GTROC forum...

RANDOM PICS: RB30 from Tomei,OS etc.
A few days ago, I stopped over at Tomei to pick-up a few parts and at the same time, I was shown this. Its an RB30, which will be sent to a Singapore client for there R33 drag car.

The internals of this motor are made up from a mixture or OS Giken, Tomei, Top Secret and Greddy parts.

Block RB26
Block internals: OS Giken
Cylinder head: Tomei built/modified
Injector rails: 1000 CC injectors X 12 Tomei
Intake tank: Top Secret
T-78's Greddy

The turbos seen here are monsterous T-78's and are connected to the ever popular psycho pipes. In the end, this combo should produce an honest 1500 BHP give or take.

Here are a few pics:
DSCF2386.jpg

DSCF2384.jpg

DSCF2383.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2378.jpg

Hallo
Before you all blast him
he asking for RB26DETTT not TT or T

people looking for Triple Turbo. 2 Cylinder 1 turbo

Thats the same engine on the floor in the box in SS Racing..
Actually if you look at the specs, the internals are OS and only the head is Tomei. Twin T78s man.. mmmm...

very nice engine, for a cool 200-250k,
it can be yours or is it already yours but you haven't collected it yet, Leonard ?

Last edited:
yup yup... tats the engine.... from tomei and os........
good stuff,,,,,,,

darkchild and nick buy for me la....tiu:banghead:

you guys dont buy me the engine la

just buy me the gear box will do!!!!!

RB26DETTT must be new technology.. 2 cyl per turbo, nice! :)
But on a more serious note, im almost 99.999% sure that an oil pump's primary role isnt for increasing horsepower.. ;)
But for further clarification on that, I invite Mr. Dino-San the RB26 guru to take the floor....

yeah thats the monster engine lurking at SS!

hook it up as a generator and probably can power a small country

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeesh! Ths one is often misunderstood...
I'm gonna say it only once...

DO NOT CONFUSE OIL PRESSURE AND OIL FLOW/CAPACITY

NO, oil pumps are not for increasing power directly. If anything, the larger capacity pumps require more energy bled off from the engine (known as parasitic horsepower loss) to turn them, so in fact they do consume more power!

An oil pump serves to flow oil through the engine. The resistance to flow due to oil being pushed into galleries/bearings/valvetrain etc is what causes the pressure to build! If there were no resistance there would be no pressure...

Large capacity oil pumps bring up the capacity of the oil flowing through engine while keeping the oil pressure almost the same. Most oil pumps will have a pressure dump valve (or relieve valve) to do this. It is necessary in order maintain the pressure in the engine as bringing oil pressure up too much is BAD!!!!!!! it can cause all kinds of unwelcome problems like increasing blowby or even tearing open your oil filter!

Anyway if you are thinking about rebuilding your RB, I would imagine you are planning to blueprint it ( as what the likes of Tomei, Os etc will do). You will want it better balanced and to run much much closer tolerances for the main bearings and valvetrain... yes?

If the answer is YES, then consider this...

You will need even less oil flow to float those bearings on!!! Why? Coz you will now need less oil flow to mintain a given pressure when revving up the engine!!!

So then why do Tomei, HKS, Jun etc etc make oil pumps? There's no secret here... it's all to do with the materials they use and the durability over time/revs. The failures that occur to the standard pumps are a result of wear and fracture and eventual disintegration of the moving parts, most of which are machined castings... The after market manufacturers will use either different materials or different processes on the materials (heat treatment, temper, hardening etc) which result in better durability...

SO unless you're planning on revving you engine to 10,000 revs all the time, i'd think again about the pump... oh and incidentally, VIBRATION at high rpm is the main killer for RB blocks, not oil pressure... How does one overcome harmonics problems? Just balance the damn engine!

Russ, you think this is a sufficient answer? :)

Last edited:
oh yea... deTTT huh? WHY?!?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?

If anyone were to do that it would purely be to say "I can". There is absolutely no logic in it... oh and where are you gonna put it? Perhaps remove the left wheel completely since you'll need the space in the wheel tub! Yea! that's it! Tires will cost less then too!

Ugh...

Yes, zephuros is right. Don't think just slapping on an after market oil pump and you're good to go. Usually it's the high rpms and a not well balanced crank that causes oil pumps to fail. Even if you had a Tomei/HKS/Reimax/Jun oil pump, it's going to break. Do a search on GTROC and you can see people with first hand experiences.

I recently purchased an ATI Damper Pulley which is designed to eliminate torsional crankshaft vibrations and tuned to eliminate harmful crankshaft harmonics that cause parasitic horsepower loss at the higher RPM's.

You can find out more at ATI Performance Products.com.

darkchild,
while dampers are a sure way to reduce vibration, what they do is to reduce vibration that is being generated by an initially poorly balanced crank/other components... so eliminating the problem completely (in an ideal world of course) by balancing the components will be the ideal (but costly) way to go about it! :)

:)

zephuros,
Yes, I know. This is just a tool of aid. It doesn't eliminate the problem.
I shouldn't have the problem as my engine is supposedly balanced and blueprinted. I just got it because you can't be too sure and beside... It's cheaper over here in the states. *laughs*

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom