Ram air on 2zzge

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I want to do with engine is not to have an air filter and intake tube first.
Can I just leave the MAF meaning I don't use the MAF sensor since I'm on ram air?
Will it have problems on the engine?

Thanks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I want to do with engine is not to have an air filter and intake tube first.
Can I just leave the MAF meaning I don't use the MAF sensor since I'm on ram air?
Will it have problems on the engine?

Thanks.
Ram air is just an intake. MAF sensor is for signal to ECU so that it know how much air is going in, so how can you leave that out? More over taking the air filter away then dirt will get into your engine?:confused:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Air filter are prescribed to cars all over the world for a reason.....

Unless you are driving in dust free environment.....which is highly unlikely. Even car driven on track uses filter. God knows what could be sucked into the engine in the thick of the action.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I've a couple of vehicles in racing that doesn't have an air filter they just have a intake tube.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've a couple of vehicles in racing that doesn't have an air filter they just have a intake tube.
Racing only use in track for a short period. If for daily use then different. Professional racing like F1 change engine every two races....:smokin:

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
Yup we own the car and its for race use only.
Thanks for the inputs and comments I really appreciate it.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
I wont really recommend to use without air filter.. Unless..of course u do have plenty of monry to cover up the damages such as scratch in the combustion chamber and all. Yes air filter does restrict the airflow,but it was design for a purpose,to ensure the reliability of the engine. If ur name is not najib razak i suggest u to use the air filter. Btw,just remove the maf sensor and use a map sensor. If ur serious about getting it for a race. Maf sensor creates tons of problem especially in old car..any slight problem would cause misfiring and over rich fuel due to the ecu protective drive.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I wont really recommend to use without air filter.. Unless..of course u do have plenty of monry to cover up the damages such as scratch in the combustion chamber and all. Yes air filter does restrict the airflow,but it was design for a purpose,to ensure the reliability of the engine. If ur name is not najib razak i suggest u to use the air filter. Btw,just remove the maf sensor and use a map sensor. If ur serious about getting it for a race. Maf sensor creates tons of problem especially in old car..any slight problem would cause misfiring and over rich fuel due to the ecu protective drive.
This is also what I am thinking put a map sensor instead.
Any brand of map sensor do you know?

and I'm not najib razak but we call the car a ISIS or chicken car.I got the name because some guy here wants a sure win race and we just gave him a sure win race of our own.lolz. that is a chicken match which means it is a head on collision match with LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles on top speed.lolz.:rofl:
We all know that once he wins his ego goes higher. We just gave him some lesson that he though that he has enough ego to go higher than the head on collision vehicles.He did not reply anymore after we mention him the head on collision match. The not sponsored shop's mechanic laughed when I mention that story of mine.

Last edited:

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Standalone.

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
This is also what I am thinking put a map sensor instead.
Any brand of map sensor do you know?

and I'm not najib razak but we call the car a ISIS or chicken car.I got the name because some guy here wants a sure win race and we just gave him a sure win race of our own.lolz. that is a chicken match which means it is a head on collision match with LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles on top speed.lolz.:rofl:
We all know that once he wins his ego goes higher. We just gave him some lesson that he though that he has enough ego to go higher than the head on collision vehicles.He did not reply anymore after we mention him the head on collision match. The not sponsored shop's mechanic laughed when I mention that story of mine.
will he still be alive after the collision to even have ego??:smokin:

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
will he still be alive after the collision to even have ego??:smokin:
If he has guts and ego to challenge he would agree on the chicken match but he did not agree. He did not reply on my text anymore. Also we don't know what set up his car has thats why we mentioned the chicken match. He also said through text that he was defeated already against a corolla and wanted a test race but we know it was just an invitation for us to agree on the race but we did not bite on it we just said the chicken match challenge.I don't want to challenge anyone anyway he just kept bugging through text almost every friday and saturday night.
I'd rather lose on a faster car than a slower car but mine would also be faster meaning it would be a close race.

Last edited:

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
He did not reply on my text anymore. Also we don't know what set up his car has thats why we mentioned the chicken match. He also said through text that he was defeated already with a corolla but we know it was just an invitation for us to agree on the race but we did not bite on it we just said the chicken match challenge.I don't want to challenge anyone anyway he just kept bugging through text almost every friday and saturday night.
I'd rather lose on a faster car than a slower car but mine would also be faster meaning it would be a close race.
I am lost. So both cars are going to collide? Or race to hit the lpg tank or drag race or????:confused:

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I am lost. So both cars are going to collide? Or race to hit the lpg tank or drag race or????:confused:
Yes it is a head on collision match of two cars we just added the LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles to see if the texter has enough ego and to make it more exciting since he kept bugging us.Even my friends were laughing when I told that story to them while we are drinking beer.lolz.
You avoid or you fail to hit the LPG tank and you lost the head on collision match.Its an old school race.

To make things clear here is an example of it.

60 mph head on crash - YouTube

here is another
Stuntbusters: Head-On Collision (1962 Cadillac vs. 2002 Cadillac) - YouTube

The only difference is it must have an LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles and run on top speed.Nobody can't cheat this race because if you brake you automatically lose the race and no reasons whatsoever.
So in general if someone challenge you to a drag race and you know its a sure win race he wanted just mention the chicken match and he'll walk out on the challenge.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got some question here...

how to install charade detomaso's brake system on a charade aura...?
imagine this...
you use daihatsu charade detomaso's brake knuckle to put on a daihatsu charade aura...the problem is the lower arm...the aura one has similar to kancil's lower arm...but the detomaso's one not...

the deto's lower arm cannot put in the aura...the head (bull joint...i think...the one that have rubber and can move) are not the same...and the physical look also not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience