Proton Wira 1.3 VDO Air Cond not cold when waiting at traffic light.

Hi guys,

I have this on-going air-cond problem with my old Proton Wira 1.3 VDO.

Recently I have changed the throttle body (recond) and plug coil for the car. But now, whenever the car is stopping and waiting at the traffic lights or in traffic jams (stop & go situation) or low-gear slow driving, the air-cond would not be cold, I need to drive normal for 1 minute before the air-cond compressor kicks back in and cold air starts flowing out again.

What seems to be the problem? Could it be tuning problem with the recond throttle body? Need to "tune" it again with the handheld scanner? Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong?

By the way, does anyone know of any mechanic that repair and recond throttle body (VDO) in and around Klang Valley, PJm Subang, Shah Alam, Klang?

Thanks very much!

Hi guys,

Recently I have changed the throttle body (recond) and plug coil for the car. But now, whenever the car is stopping and waiting at the traffic lights or in traffic jams (stop & go situation) or low-gear slow driving, the air-cond would not be cold, I need to drive normal for 1 minute before the air-cond compressor kicks back in and cold air starts flowing out again.

What seems to be the problem? Could it be tuning problem with the recond throttle body? Need to "tune" it again with the handheld scanner? Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong?

By the way, does anyone know of any mechanic that repair and recond throttle body (VDO) in and around Klang Valley, PJm Subang, Shah Alam, Klang?

Thanks very much!
As far as I know, no relation between your TB and air con. Best to get an air con mechanic to check the air con. Compressor not cutting in can be the magnetic clutch. If compressor on and not cold can be lack of refrigerant and so on....
My old car had TB problem also, idling very high. Mechanic say the butterfly warp and air leaking in. He had it cleaned but no difference. Bought a used one, and got it fixed.
Since yours have been changed, why do you need to repair?

Hi guys,

Thanks very much!
check ac pressure switch, ac fan speed, compressor

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom