Proton recalls in the UK (Warning: May contain Proton bashing)

prozac said:
With VW coming in and ultimately calling the shots for our "national product", it looks like we still need a foreign whip to set things right.

its not the case for everything here... its just for the freakin proton issue...

if you want cases where we did better, take the national economic policy for one. If we took the bullshit IMF advised, our country would be in debt 2-3 folds, with minimal growth for years...

anyway, in the long run it would be better for all. A few top mgmt guys lose jobs. The masses will remain. VW is not gonna bring in a few thousand guys from Germany to replace the factory workers, thats just stupid... proton can prosper, better income for all.

Look at volvo as a case study. In trouble and sold off to GM. Now prospering. And its still Swedish in all eyes, right?? Just like proton, its still gonna be Malaysian...

si|verfish said:
"Kia or Hyundai" - *buzzer* Wrong answer.

"Toyota or Honda" - *bling* Right answer.

i was thinking about those who can't afford to strech for a honda or toyota, rather than getting a waja or gen2, ur probaly better-off with a korean...

still dont go with the koreans...they still produce useless cars...i think the only korean car thats good is the Hyundai Coupe(triburon)...
stick with the japanese and europeans...

otherwise go with second hand honda's toyota's or mitsu's...always the better choice!!!

Sigh... Like everybody else here, I feel really, really tired. I am sick of bashing Proton - it's like banging my head against a wall. *Bang! Bang! Bang!* At the end of the day, my head hurts and nothing else has changed. Proton is still the same useless, brainless company that produces 20 year old cars with absolutely no Quality Control - TUV or not. I have complained until I have lost my voice, still Proton ignores me... What's the point?

Thus, I am going to work hard and earn more money - this way, I can afford a better car.

My ultimate dream is to be the richest man in Asia. Then, I will launch a nationwide campaign, I will give everyone in Malaysia who is planning to buy a Proton RM50,000 so they can afford to buy an imported car - any car, as long as it's not a Proton. This way. I want to ensure that Proton sells 0 cars and has no choice but to start listening to us poor downtrodden Malaysians.

Message to Proton: You cannot sell shit cars to your own people.

anttyk said:
Sigh... Like everybody else here, I feel really, really tired. I am sick of bashing Proton - it's like banging my head against a wall. *Bang! Bang! Bang!* At the end of the day, my head hurts and nothing else has changed. Proton is still the same useless, brainless company that produces 20 year old cars with absolutely no Quality Control - TUV or not. I have complained until I have lost my voice, still Proton ignores me... What's the point?

Thus, I am going to work hard and earn more money - this way, I can afford a better car.

My ultimate dream is to be the richest man in Asia. Then, I will launch a nationwide campaign, I will give everyone in Malaysia who is planning to buy a Proton RM50,000 so they can afford to buy an imported car - any car, as long as it's not a Proton. This way. I want to ensure that Proton sells 0 cars and has no choice but to start listening to us poor downtrodden Malaysians.

Message to Proton: You cannot sell shit cars to your own people.

nicely put... :rock:
when will they remove taxes ,that make anything other than proton and perodua so expensive....i think NEVER!!

The fact is that most products are shitly made to local products, way better for export.

ehaab said:
still dont go with the koreans...they still produce useless cars...i think the only korean car thats good is the Hyundai Coupe(triburon)...
stick with the japanese and europeans...

pls define useless,....dont simply quote without facts....

minivan said:
The masses will remain. VW is not gonna bring in a few thousand guys from Germany to replace the factory workers, thats just stupid... proton can prosper, better income for all.

Of course they don't need to bring in thousands. All they needed for the Savvy was Hans Sauerkraut.

let me search my collection of topgear...then i will tell u which season and which episode to watch...can d/l from Torrents

ehaab said:
nicely put... :rock:
when will they remove taxes ,that make anything other than proton and perodua so expensive....i think NEVER!!

when ah? i'm also waiting....:)

Car: Proton Wira & Proton Satria
Recall Reference: R/2004/125 (29 July 2004)
Problem: Possible loss of engine power

Vehicle numbers B5964420000000000 to B8594610000000000, and B04374B0000000000 to B0607770000000000. The target wheel may give the ECU a false misfire signal. In extreme cases this could lead to a loss of engine power and poor driveability.

Wahlau....my Satria number include there laa.....what to do aa??whom should i contact? is't still valid untill now for inspection?? i bought from one of ZTH here, Satria 1.6 uk spec 2001 reg sept 2004.... im still confuse and dun understand what prob could happen with target wheel n ECU? someone plez clarify....

Top Bottom