Proton come down to its knees

proton : ok lah...gua jual kat u
vw : berapa u mau jual ?
proton : berapa u bole bagi ?
vw : kasi discount lah...
proton : i bagi u special price.... eh, u jangan beritau GM tau !
vw : eh.. u happy i happy.... u punya rakyat lagi happy lah...
proton : nah... sign dulu
vw : siap... u sign sini. ok..
proton : apa model kita mau keluar dulu ?
vw : macam ini.... u suruh Lotus buat design baru, saya bagi Golf GTI punya engine. ok ? Harga kena murah.....kita fight ngan vios dan city !!

proton : apa-apa lah BOSS.
vw and proton : ha ha ha !!!!

Me : HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hei voon,

Its already midnight, dun dreaming... go to sleep...hahahaha...

We will just wait and see how is the outcome of what our PM and the feedback from the press...

My personal opnion on this Proton Volkswagon j/v.

It will never happen.

1st reason why I think it wont.
I think Volkswagon not really interested in Proton. The're priority is is India and China market.

Volkswagong merely came to survey if Proton is a good bargain or not.

I think our people probably stipulated to VW that Bumi shares of Proton must be retained, BUmi part vendors must be retained, etc, etc, etc.

VW like all other multinational co., they don care about race or religion. As long as you can produce a quality product at reasonable price, they will do business with you.

But our people have different priorities. Making a profitable company is NOT IMPORTANT.

EGO, PRIDE and spoon feeding our people is TOP PRIORITY.

"Bersabar lah, Kerajaan akan tolong kami"

As I heard, VW and GM are just using Proton to assembly and export their cars to Japan, China and India due to soem free trade alliance or something.
Meaning they can sell cheaper cars in the above countries.

What do you think they are doing in Thailand?

Thais still get cheaper cars than we do.

It is doing business, pure and simple, unlike our people who have hidden agendas.

accept the fact that cars will never come down anymore. we have gone pass the point of no return. car loans, banking system, & whole whatever needs a massive regig if we want to return to the early days where cars are on par with other countries (not comparing with US) but cars regionally.

even if there is no proton, we cant just shake up the system that has brought msia to where we are today. wheather we liberise some of our way to conduct business or we coninue to sail a slowing ship whereas the rest are gearing up for better prospects.

can another still save proton? yes but proton (or whoever JV/ buys P1) need to remember it cant do without the ppl.

remember, it take 2 to tango. the buying public has lost almost all hope for a better proton.

hope is still there if sum good step father or mother comes in rescuse this sick kid ... the G wont so easy to let go P1

imagine how many ppl will lose their job .... how many lousy vendors will close shop...

the short term is when the local firm buys into proton. this will buy some time.
(not good when no one will inject current Tech & development R&D 4 the future.)

trying to reinvent the wheel is not something proton should be proud of (for now)). they need to see ahead for further 10-30 years. (finger cross)

evo : it would be hard i guess for another car company to take over due to obvious disputes - suppliers,vendors,staff etc unless Petronas comes in to save the day ?

proton...oh proton....

they should enlist some of their staff to become zth.com member....

so they can kena flame and understand what is going on with their brand...

haha....dun flame me....

What do you think they are doing in Thailand?

Thais still get cheaper cars than we do.

It is doing business, pure and simple, unlike our people who have hidden agendas.

i bet in Thai Corolla Altis is cheaper than Waja, that is why Proton never dare to go into Thai market...which is the nearest RHD market to us!!!...how long it has been?? 22 years?? goshh...

and they dare to sell Proton cars in UK pulak!

i still remember when i went training in proton's centre of excellence....

there's this one chap, claimed to be an engineer...involved in designing of juara.

a bit of self intro is ok, i guess, in any seminar....but then, he keeps on bragging on the course of training he went thru...in UK lah...in Germany lah..and so on.

and he concluded with something like this..."the design of proton juara is actually the best. coupled with the engine that gives bla bla bla output and bla bla bla FC, its actually the best bargain for mini mpv for malaysians...but malaysian people cannot accept this concept that we're trying to implement...its because the training that we had made us think far to the future and the level of thinking of malaysian buyers is not at par with what we expected yet...so, that is why the sale of juara is so bad...but i can say its improving now...."

he carried on, of course, but that was when i got up and go straight back to the showroom and tender my resignation....

it is just one example of how these people think...and more than half of proton's people are like that...up till today, there are still a lot of them who are so proud and so blind and so comfortable with what they have and what they are....

the world is laughing so loudly, yet their ears are shut by their own hands...

what happened to Proton when they launched Juara? what were they thinking?

a 1.1 RWD van that cost 50K but only seats 4 adult? (nobody should attempt of seating in the last row - its purely for kindergarten kids)

the acceleration is poorer than a kancil (0-100 in 20 secs i believe...) and the fuel consumption is like a 1.6 sedan.

the spec are nice though... 16V EFI, FR but in reality it was not.

Proton should have taken cues from Toyota's superb Unser and learnt. i dont think they will dare to produce an MPV in near future coz everything still in R&D but then it will be too late. the train had moved on..

i bet in Thai Corolla Altis is cheaper than Waja, that is why Proton never dare to go into Thai market...which is the nearest RHD market to us!!!...how long it has been?? 22 years?? goshh...

and they dare to sell Proton cars in UK pulak!

yeap - :regular_smile: