Problem with insufficient power, please help car electrical sifu

gck

Known Member
Actually i bought a PDA car charger for my car use. After plugging in the indicator light on the car charger is on. Therefore i assume is working.

But it seems that the ciggy plug is not supplying enough power to charge my PDA.

Once i on the headlamps, the indicator light is off.

I am suspecting i don't have enough power flowing to my ciggy lighter coz when i plug into other car it works.

ICE setup simple, two twetter, two 4 inch and two 6x9 at the back.

What can be the causes of this problem?

Another issue is, can i draw power directly from car battery to power the ciggy lighter? Will the power supplied(Ampere) be too much for the car adapter to handle?

how come u think this is related to ice? btw, some ciggy lighter wiring is too thin in oem spec..it may cause of low current flow....but i dun think ur pda charger will draw so much current..usually charger take <1A....maybe rewiring ur ciggy socker wiring will help...

it wont be too much / too little ampere...all car wiring share the same ampere...but it only limit whether when the wiring for the device will burn/melt under heavy load..cos some wiring are damn thin...

my device draw 1.2ampere to operate wor..
dunno if my ICE draw too much power ma, but i don't think so la..simple setup only wor..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom