Problem with Crank Pulley

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the problem be leading to the wobbling crank pulley? wat do i need to change?
thanks for the advice.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
change the bolt and either loosen the belt tension or get the original crank pulley sir, i think its bent due to too much tension tu

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thanks sifu.....
okie hope the damage is not much.........

but do u know is perdana v6 & eterna twin turbo share the same campulley size?
how bout aftermarket ones like jasma?

let say the bolt already cracked at all 4 corners....if the gun unable to open it....wat is the other option? weld the nut to the bolt & force it to turn? similar like the nuts in the rims that has cracked?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no, drill a small hole in the middles of the broken bolts (i assume u mean more then one, refering to the "4 corners"), and use a special tool dat is used to extract out the broken bolts. any good workshop may be able to perform dis process, if u cant find any, i have a set handy at home je

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
ok thanks bro, i just towed my car to the workshop just now....
the crank pulley already mkn at the hole...there is suppose to have a thin layer of washer in between, pomen said its missing, that might be the cause of the wobbling,
gotta change
1.crank pulley
2.the nut that was cracked
3. another pulley inside forgot the name

workmanship gonna costs a bomb as need to remove the timing belt....aduh..

luckily the nut managed to be opened......

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
went to workshop yesterday after work.
luckily crankshaft still ok. the problem started cos some mech opened my crank pulley,
in between it there is a flange sandwhiched in between.....the flange was missing, therefore it skimmed my crankpulley & cause it to wobble......

fark man....the workmanship more expensive than the parts.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... At least the problem identified now... Good luck on getting it done...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
okie im totally f**cked, my crankshaft has a problem...
gotta remove the engine & send my crankshaft to machine shop to remake the 'longkang'.
gonna costs a bomb....damnit....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Shit... phark man... Sorry to hear about that! Any info on what is the cause of the problem?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
cos when i send my car in last thurs, on fri he opened the stuffs & he confirmed that my crankshaft is ok, just that my crank pulley is gone....so ok la...lega abit...

then last sat he told me my crankshaft got problem pulak....i was like wtf, last time told me ok, now told me got problem......cos the screw/nut for the crank pulley was broken.....he told me when he start the engine, the crankpulley was wobbling again & cause the nut to break.....

he said no choice gotta remove the crankshaft.......ok la wattudu..no choice...

when i went home...i think again......could it be he tried to lied to me....maybe the crankshaft is ok....just that he f**cked up the nut....(the nut broke, so cannot be removed unless crankshaft is removed), & get me to pay for the whole thing......

luckily the workshop is nearby my hse...so everyday im goin there to keep an eye on the progress......if i smell descrepancies...gonna be another case in court haha........

will take some pics if possible this evening.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
engine still not out yet....decided to go for lightweight alluminium crankpulley instead of OEM ones.....just wondering, can 6a12tt use mivec v6 crankshaft? anyone?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
engine still not out yet....decided to go for lightweight alluminium crankpulley instead of OEM ones.....just wondering, can 6a12tt use mivec v6 crankshaft? anyone?
Hmm... I am thinking maybe it isn't as strong? But... Don't know can use 6A13tt crankshaft or not... Then become like stroker kit :biggrin:.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haha i tot of 6a13tt crankshaft as well..but dun think can fit ah...
if able to also need lotsa mods & $$$$ that i dun have :(

so will stick to std crankshaft....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys , im in need of advice here , the current NS40 battery in my Myvi is getting weaker ,thinking of upgrading it to a larger one which is NS60/L ,what i need to do/mod to get NS60 in there ?

The reason that i wanna upgrade the size is every year or so i require to replace the battery , everytime is the electrolyte inside dried out no matter i use the MF one or the normal one ,normal one after few weeks can see the electrolyte decreasing at a rapid rate already .

Which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience