Powerzone...where is it?

dat one i may have problem...200 hp, dunno block or internals can take it...

yeah.
4g13p with 200bhp also boleh marr.
haha............
after running 5min head blown.

Well, all this talk about 140 hp vs 160hp. I wonder how much difference in feel if say 20 hp or 30hp less.

No idea how my car would handle when it is done but hopefully it will be something like that Satria turbo I drove yesterday. My friend's car and he let me drive it for fun (he was riding shotgun). About 170+ hp. 4G93. Forgot to ask what turbo (I was having too much fun). Quiet BOV. It's a Blitz. I couldn't hear BOV when the car went past but when inside the car I can hear it sneeze.

I try going up the gears as fast as I could...hehehe torquey on 1st to 2nd and 3rd...some wheelspin. Acceleration...you know lah....put a big grin on my face. Don't ask me how fast for 0-100 sprint or even what speed I was driving. I was looking at the road, not speed meter. We were using some pretty wide roads in a deserted (Sunday mar) industrial area to drive. There was this one corner that really puts a smile on the face becos we took it flat.....:rofl:

fvel,
dont use to turbo power, so u watch the road not the meter. hehe............
last time i drive mr2 turbo also kick ass. canot see the meter liao. if see meter later end up on long kang maybe. u can feel the force so great pushing u to the front. really need concentrate on the road kenot play play. hehe.............

fvel,
dont use to turbo power, so u watch the road not the meter. hehe............
last time i drive mr2 turbo also kick ass. canot see the meter liao. if see meter later end up on long kang maybe. u can feel the force so great pushing u to the front. really need concentrate on the road kenot play play. hehe.............

Yeah, turbo was an entirely new experience for me........honestly speaking.

I used to frequently drive a RX-7 FC a long time ago. A loaner from another friend (he's a rich ba$tard :biggrin: ). This was way way back, not long after the car first got introduced to the market (late eighties). If I remember correctly, it was the Series 5 NA model. It was so new then, we treated it like a showroom queen. So you can imagine we drove it so delicately. Didn't dare push it. In a way, it was a missed opportunity because it was not driven hard, but his car lor, so his rules.

The friend yesterday however was totally casual so boleh tekan a bit lah. The lunatic kept telling me to go all out and I kept telling I don't want to go away so young LOL. It's my first time in his car anyway, so best be a little more conservative. I kept expecting to feel turbo lag, thinking the power will be nothing, nothing, nothing and suddenly everything. Surprisingly, it was very responsive and power kick in quick but smooth. *sigh* I went home driving my 1.3 Iswara and it felt pathetic heh.

Well, all this talk about 140 hp vs 160hp. I wonder how much difference in feel if say 20 hp or 30hp less.

No idea how my car would handle when it is done but hopefully it will be something like that Satria turbo I drove yesterday. My friend's car and he let me drive it for fun (he was riding shotgun). About 170+ hp. 4G93. Forgot to ask what turbo (I was having too much fun). Quiet BOV. It's a Blitz. I couldn't hear BOV when the car went past but when inside the car I can hear it sneeze.

I try going up the gears as fast as I could...hehehe torquey on 1st to 2nd and 3rd...some wheelspin. Acceleration...you know lah....put a big grin on my face. Don't ask me how fast for 0-100 sprint or even what speed I was driving. I was looking at the road, not speed meter. We were using some pretty wide roads in a deserted (Sunday mar) industrial area to drive. There was this one corner that really puts a smile on the face becos we took it flat.....:rofl:

FVel

170hp or whp? i bet it is whp

EG9,

My friend said 170+ on the engine, ie. bhp. He doesn't know how much whp but plans to dyno the car properly when he visits KL.

In any case, it was plenty fast for a slowcoach like me.

I went home driving my 1.3 Iswara and it felt pathetic heh.

then must be farking kick ass when u drive ur iswara.
actually last time i was driving rusa to test drive the mr2 turbo. u can imagine how big difference betweeb 240bhp turbo 2.0 vs 1.3 carb sohc rusa.
i press half on the accelerator in mr2 and the car go farking fast. i put a bricks on the rusa accelerator, the car still go farking slow. haha............. i bet even 1.3 turbo also syok riding it. turbo car has high torque which u can feel the force of pushing u...........................

EG9,

My friend said 170+ on the engine, ie. bhp. He doesn't know how much whp but plans to dyno the car properly when he visits KL.

In any case, it was plenty fast for a slowcoach like me.

for FI at least 180bhp if im not mistaken... 10hp/100cc

oic. then around 140whp lor.
that is on the satria with GSR engine rite? 1.8 turbo.

170whp means the car got somewhere 200bhp lor.

OIC..... Now i know the differences... whp < > bhp..... :idea:

What's the meaning of bhp actually taiko...?

Thanks sifooOO..!
:tee:

Last edited:
oic. then around 140whp lor.
that is on the satria with GSR engine rite? 1.8 turbo.

Northiswara...i tot WHP markup 25% then get BHP.... that was told by someone to me la...dunno correct calculation to get BHP from WHP...

btw BHP is brake horse power and it is measured at the crank or flywheel..correct or not

sifu egnine has spoken!
BHP is brake horse power. means it is measured on the brake when the horse pull the brake. haha.............
seriously BHP is measured at flywheel without hooking other things to the engine like power steering pump, air con compresor etc etc.

whp is measured from the wheel lorr using dyno machine. there is a formula for converting whp to bhp and this formula is not 100% accurate one larr. last time got saw this formula at 1 website, forgot the website URL.

normally for front wheel drive power lost is about 25-30% of BHP. and this percentage is not fixed to all cars. and also need to see if ur clutch is good or not, if clutch always slip then u will have lower whp. so better dyno to get the correct figure of whp.

IZ,
when u sell car, u can tell customer this car got 110kuda inside. imagine 110 kuda pulling this gen2, fast or not?? actually the WHP on gen2 is less than 100. haha......... but it has 110BHP. poison u to poison customer. haha..........

IZ,

IZ : " bang, if 110kuda not syok then u add in NOS lorr. NOS maksudnya bagi itu 110 ekor kuda minum tongkat ali atau makan dadah supaya itu kuda dapat lari dengan hebat lagi."

customer : oh macam ini hebat. macam mana dengan TURBO.

IZ : turbo ni lagi hebat. maksud turbo ialah itu kuda, kita bagi dia pakai NIKE sport shoe yang ada technology "air spring" macam itu adjustable oil gas absorber yang boleh bagi itu kuda lari dengan stabil dan mengurangkan berat badannya.

customer : boleh tak saya tengok itu kuda yang awak maksudkan?

IZ : boleh.

IZ buka bonet evo.

IZ : nah ini dia, nampak macam 2 biji snail unya barang.

customer : tapi lu kata ada NIKE shoes!

IZ : oh. sekarang engine off mana nampak NIKE shoe. kena tunggu turbo kick in baru boleh bagi kuda pakai NIKE shoe bang.

customer confuse..............

customer : ok larr, IZ, saya percaya lu larr. kita confirm order 1 gen2 dengan tongkat ali dan NIKE shoe.

IZ : ok. gen2 NOS dan bolt on turbo. bila siap jahit NIKE shoe keatas gen2 engine kita akan call abang mari angkat kereta. terima kasih boss.

customer : sama-sama.

Top Bottom