port a mivec head

roadcrew

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
to port and polish a mivec head,wat is the pro and cons??
local do not have a cnc machine to do pnp,bt i hav read frm a magazine there is another way to measuring the a/f is Cubic feet per minute(CFM).did local ppl do pnp by measuring the a/f??
i was told by a member that local people havn't reach to pro pnp standard yet.so how they do the pnp??just agak agak only ar?

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
Local ppl dont use the flow bench machine to test the air flow after the PnP...they juz do Port n Polish according to their experience!So some ppl may loose hp after PnP......

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
There's a difference between ppl who knows and not knowing. If we dont have a bench flow machine it's not the end of the world. We still can port it correctly and gain horsepower. These are a few tips;

Mark the intake with a marker accordingly, port increment should be base on 1) piston size 2) compression 3) cam spec.

For experinece mechanics with thousand of porting experince, they knows what is the correct port size & how many mm to take the metal off.

For the finishing, use a torch light to check for each port size so that each of them are equals.

There is much more in depth "secret" within this that i must keep it closed:mouth_closed: so good luck to you & enjoy the porting game.

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
V8_nutter said:
There's a difference between ppl who knows and not knowing. If we dont have a bench flow machine it's not the end of the world. We still can port it correctly and gain horsepower. These are a few tips;

Mark the intake with a marker accordingly, port increment should be base on 1) piston size 2) compression 3) cam spec.

For experinece mechanics with thousand of porting experince, they knows what is the correct port size & how many mm to take the metal off.

For the finishing, use a torch light to check for each port size so that each of them are equals.

There is much more in depth "secret" within this that i must keep it closed:mouth_closed: so good luck to you & enjoy the porting game.
I agree with wat V8_nutter is trying to tell......