Pivot Throttle Controller

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, to all Sifu, may i know this products "pivot Throttle Controller" will damage engine during the time we switch to sport mode and accelerate the car??, and may i know which level in the sport mode is the best and will not damage engine? hope you all give some advices. thanks

seechoong

Known Member
Aug 12, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Bro, Pivot throttle controller comes with the safety relay and it won't damage your engine. Each time you switching from normal to sports or economy mode, it will go to normal mode first then only switch to your designated mode. This is to prevent any damage such as electrical failure or short circuiting. This device is changing the characteristics of throttle opening position and it's maximum position thus engine responsive will change accordingly. No worries using this gadget. I'm using it and always running on economy mode. Save fuel. It won't damage your engine. Make sure using the genuine pivot product.

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, Pivot throttle controller comes with the safety relay and it won't damage your engine. Each time you switching from normal to sports or economy mode, it will go to normal mode first then only switch to your designated mode. This is to prevent any damage such as electrical failure or short circuiting. This device is changing the characteristics of throttle opening position and it's maximum position thus engine responsive will change accordingly. No worries using this gadget. I'm using it and always running on economy mode. Save fuel. It won't damage your engine. Make sure using the genuine pivot product.
Ya. i known..but this throttle controller will change the throttle opening characteristics...so, may i know that will this product damage my car engine during the time i switch it to sport mode and accelerate my car until 5 to 6 thousands of RPM??....i just set it up today and it cost really expensive but worth it... so, i just wonder about this problems. and seriously need some advice. Thanks

seechoong

Known Member
Aug 12, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
No worries. When you are running sports mode, for example, you are running at sports mode 7, the initial throttle opening position is 40% whenever you step the accelerator. Then the maximum is 100% which is the full opening position. Each time the engine touch 6k rpm, for instance on first gear,it will quickly jump to 2nd gear which means It would not allowing the engine to be rev up or touching redline zone which would potentially damage your engine unless you sabotage your engine by holding the gear. Usually for sports mode, I will only use sports mode 3 which is the most balance setting. The car is too ridiculously responsive in Sports mode 7. No worries using pivot product. Even the stock crz is built in with the same system as Eco mode system, correct me if I'm wrong.

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No worries. When you are running sports mode, for example, you are running at sports mode 7, the initial throttle opening position is 40% whenever you step the accelerator. Then the maximum is 100% which is the full opening position. Each time the engine touch 6k rpm, for instance on first gear,it will quickly jump to 2nd gear which means It would not allowing the engine to be rev up or touching redline zone which would potentially damage your engine unless you sabotage your engine by holding the gear. Usually for sports mode, I will only use sports mode 3 which is the most balance setting. The car is too ridiculously responsive in Sports mode 7. No worries using pivot product. Even the stock crz is built in with the same system as Eco mode system, correct me if I'm wrong.
Ohh...now i get it....Thank You Very Much....Thanks:burnout:

seechoong

Known Member
Aug 12, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Bro, I'm driving a new model vios. :beer:

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

It can use for both manual and auto transmission.