Piston, Block, Piston Ring & Compression issue....

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
Dear friends,

I want to know more about engine. For example, if the piston ring loose or (makan) already, will the compression of the 4 pistons in different reading? Just want to make sure cause some ppl said the reading wont be same and some ppl said the reading still the same. Very confussing. That day I sent my car to do a compression test at AMOIL. End up the reading for 4 pistons is the same. 12. Thats mean my piston,block, & piston ring is ok? Right? ;)

Kelvin

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Yeah... if piston rigs gone.. readings will be different.. or lower than factory specs.

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
Thats mean my piston, piston ring and blok is ok lah.

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
if all also same readings.. compare the reading u get.. to the factory reading.. it might be lower too.. if lower means u r losing compression.

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
I want to know. How to read & understand the reading? Different car different factory reading. Right? U mean my car is losing power if the reading is 12? I quite dont understand what u mean. Can explain more details? Thank you.

Kelvin

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
One more important thing want to confirm is, the compression test shows my 4 pistons reading also same at 12, is this mean my piston ring, piston and block still in good condition?

Kelvin

theedge7

Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
if u wan to know u car engine piston ring worn out or not just see engine's abnormal vibration. or try to close intake hose with ur palm. if the engine stop, ur compression still ok.if still running tat mean u have to prepare some monay to fixed .make sure tat ur intake hose did not lose or leak.if no white smoke came out fr exhaust but still suspect wrong wit engine e.g lose power ... bring to pro mech to adjust tappet...it will help alot wan....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
if piston or piston ring or even valve seal leak/loose/makan....

this are the sympton (normally) :-

1. engine low power
2. engine much less noise...smoother
3. makan engine oil
4. white/blue smoke from exhaust

ALL bcoz of loose combustion or compression. This is what i have come across so far and my 2 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi as u know i ordered from dai chi last time not so good quality.

just wondering where else got good quality mugen jazz kit ? do they come from same supplier or make themself ?

where is the BEST QUALITY ? price i dont mind so much.

please state their contact number and price.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience