Photos Of My 93' Corolla

Ooohh, really nice scenery and the colour of the water....makes me just want to pack it all up and take a vacation over there or anywhere like that. Nice shot. With a background like that, I don't think you have to put too much effort into the photo. No offence intended! I am sure you know what i mean.

BTW, why did you get pulled over? Hope it didn't cost ya too much.

Cheers, matey!

Thanks a lot! Haha, yeah I completely know what you mean about not having to put too much effort into taking a photo when I've got a background like that. I basically just had to get the exposure settings right, aim and shoot :). We've just started summer here now, so I look forward to taking plenty more snaps of the car when I'm out an about. You'll be sick of seeing it by the time I'm finished
028.gif

Oh, and I got pulled over for doing 115kph on the highway (which is a 100kph speed limit). I was on the way to an airshow and there was some slow person in front of me doing 90kph, so when they finally changed lanes I booted it and didn't see the cop sitting on the side of the motorway with his speed radar. It made for a great photo, albeit an expensive one :)

KC...what r u planning to do bout yr front n rear bumper? the skirt looks a little lonely there without support from the front n rear

I'm currently on the look out for an AE101 pre-facelift BZ Touring wagon front lip. I considered getting an FX-GT front bumper, but don't like how large the 'mouth' is in comparison to my SE Limited bumper. Not sure what I'll do for the rear. Will probably go custom. Hopefully I'll win the lottery tomorrow night and get a full Tom's bodykit sent from overseas :D

cool car you got there...5star for sure.

what car the police using in Kiwi land

Thanks! The police here use Holden Commodores as patrol cars. The one seen in the photo I posted is a 2008 Holden Commodore SV6 Highway Patrol car (hence the nudgebar on the front).

police in NZ uses holden if i'm not mistaken.

police force there are very much respected. you don't dare to negotiate if you get caught speeding.

i was once caught for speeding at 65km/h in 50km/h area (i get caught 5 meters from 70km/h area). i tried to negotiate asking for student price. he didn't bother about me ): LOL
in my face! hahahaha

Yep, you're very correct
fing32.gif
. The police aren't very lenient here, especially when it comes to speeding. You can get the odd cop who'll be nice and let you off, but most of them will fine you. Ever since my last ticket, I always carry around my radar detector with me and haven't had another fine since :). Sorry to hear about the fine you received here. LOL @ asking for student price. 10 points for trying
028.gif

KC...lotto...same for me here heheheh. what are the taxes involved in bringing in skirts there? maybe can get some guys here to help u source for it in japan n drop ship to u there...

KC...lotto...same for me here heheheh. what are the taxes involved in bringing in skirts there? maybe can get some guys here to help u source for it in japan n drop ship to u there...

Haha, well best of luck bro, I hope we both strike it lucky. From memory, the taxes here are very good. I'm pretty sure that you don't have to pay any taxes unless the item is over $300 NZD. I remember that we brought a front skirt in from Cyprus for my Dad's Vitz RS and we didn't pay any taxes at all.

I found this rear skirt that I may be interested in, but I'm not sure if the seller will ship to New Zealand. Waiting for him to reply :)

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/358079-ae100-ae101-rear-lips.html

I decided to return to a couple of my favourite photo locations today as I haven't been back since installing my new wheels and window tint. Here's how they came out:

IMG_9157-resized.jpg

IMG_9167-resized.jpg

IMG_9175-resized.jpg

IMG_9208-resized1.jpg

IMG_9211-resized.jpg

IMG_9163-resized.jpg

KC...freaking dark tints...what are the laws there regarding tints?

i saw the lips u were mentioning...sorta expensive in my opinion.

KC...freaking dark tints...what are the laws there regarding tints?

i saw the lips u were mentioning...sorta expensive in my opinion.

The tints are 35%, but they're darker than the average 35% tint due to the colour of the film. The good thing is that they're still completely legal, except they look more like 20% tints. They cost slightly more to get done, but it was well worth it :). The darkest you can go here in New Zealand is 35% on passenger cars. For vans and station wagons, you can do whatever percentage you want on the rears, but the front two windows must be 35%. It's illegal to tint the very front windshield on any vehicle whatsoever.

Yeah the lip is kinda pricey. Might not be worthwhile when I factor in the shipping cost. Finding an OEM lip like that here though is near impossible. Might even end up cheaper to get a lip off another car and get it custom fabricated to fit.

Latest shot :)

IMG_9696-resized.jpg

Flattering as ever... Although it is old and many think shit about AE101/111, it still never fail to (i won't say captivate anymore). But there's just this air or aura that it emits ^^.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the comments :D

Had some extraordinary luck at my local junkyard today!!!! I found an ultra rare JDM optional Air Fantasy unit (still with plenty of scent left in the cartridges), a JDM optional air purifier and JDM 6.5" rear speaker brackets and covers. It was like all my Christmas' had come at once :lol:

Here's the pics :D :D

IMG_0244-resized.jpg

IMG_0245-resized.jpg

IMG_0246-resized.jpg

IMG_0248-resized.jpg

IMG_0249-resized.jpg

IMG_0250-resized.jpg

IMG_0251-resized.jpg

IMG_0252-resized.jpg

IMG_0255-resized.jpg

IMG_0253-resized.jpg

IMG_0254-resized.jpg

IMG_0256-resized.jpg

I decided to install the Air Fantasy unit today as it was torturing me just sitting on my shelf :lol:. I went back to the junkyard and managed to find the hoses that lead from the unit. I traced one back to the A/C evaporator housing and one back to the heater unit. When I got home, I pulled my glove-box out and also pulled out the stereo surround. That's when I saw that mine already had little indentations of where the holes should be, so it was simply a matter of drilling the holes and putting the plastic barb in place.

After doing that, I cut the plug off the Air Fantasy unit and wired it into my head-unit wiring. I put everything back, put the battery cable back on, crossed my fingers and turned on the ignition. Everything lit up, so I put the air conditioning on and pressed one of the scent buttons. A small burst of fragrance entered the cabin and it smelt great :D

I gave a couple of different Toyota dealerships a call earlier to ask about getting scent pack refills, and they had no idea what an Air Fantasy unit even was :rolleyes:. They said I'd probably have to order it from Toyota Japan, but there's one problem - I can't speak Japanese. I'm not sure how much life is left in the original scent packs, but if they ever run out completely then I'll probably just get a generic air fresher refill pack and extract the liquid with a syringe and then inject it into the scent pack (just like refilling a printer ink cartridge). I think that could work quite well :)

Anyway, enough talking, here's the pics :) (the arrows show the indents I mentioned earlier). I just wish I could post smells as well! :D

IMG_0260-resized.jpg

IMG_0263-resized.jpg

IMG_0268-resized.jpg

IMG_0270-resized.jpg

IMG_0272-resized.jpg

IMG_0274-resized.jpg

IMG_0280-resized.jpg

Last edited:
OMG there is actually such a thing?! Thanks for sharing... Haha...
Some sort of advanced perfume system...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Maybe you can make a special tank for some skunk juice for hijack/theft purposes :burnout:

OMG there is actually such a thing?! Thanks for sharing... Haha...
Some sort of advanced perfume system...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Maybe you can make a special tank for some skunk juice for hijack/theft purposes :burnout:

Haha, you're very welcome :proud:

Yeah a special tank is a great idea. I could fill it with pepper spray!
028.gif

Wow your engine in red looks so sexy!!!! OMG didn't know 4AFE can look this good! Nice job man!

Wow your engine in red looks so sexy!!!! OMG didn't know 4AFE can look this good! Nice job man!

Thanks a lot bro!!
046.gif

My OEM Toyota Corolla BZ Touring headlights arrived today. Was so excited that I installed them straight away :)

32469774053_large.jpg

32469774052_large.jpg

32469774054_large.jpg

32469774051_large.jpg

Nice car...simple....I like it...and its white

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom