Perdana Issue:Need Advise

its symthoms your gbox gonna kong, either change to manual (rm4k++), recond gbox (RM1.7k) or RVR manual halfcut RM6.5k.

hi everyone,need ur advice...recently encounter some problem with my v6 gearbox....the gear will be "free" automatically while driving with an overdrive on....but its ok when turn off the overdrive...

Hope you all can give some advice before i send it to repair.

which model is your perdana bro?..

installation + wiring bout RM1.2-1.4k.

wear & tear parts add on another RM1k.
timing belt, bearings, water pump, spark plugs etc..

just budget RM10k should be fine.

Mine has a ATF cooler installed, I feel the gear change smoother and not that worry about GB overheating anymore, though the ATF cooler installed without a front end fan but I guess it should be suffice since there is one big radiator fan pulling air from behind.

ATF cooler can help prolong the life of ur gb.
BUT if ur gb already in the state of going to die on u, then it will die sooner or later..

thats the problem with perdana auto tranny.
so for now, your gearbox has already kong. time to get a replacement.
recond gearbox + workmanship + trade in old gearbox - RM1.6-1.8k.
service valve body (this causes the problem) rm800
but not guaranteed

if manual rm2.3-6k, depending on codes & lsd or non lsd.
comes with full set.

RVR halfcut Rm5-6k
6a12TT halfcut 6-7k
RS version RM7-8k
swap 6a12tt full set rm4-5k - have to nego with owner, upgrading to 4G63T

evo1-3 RM7-9k depends u take with or without bodypart

where did u get the evo price like that?

evo1-3 RM7-9k depends u take with or without bodypart

where did u get the evo price like that?

i think that price seems about right.
i've been quoted RM9K before (august last year) at USJ area, but that's before nego la.
why, too high or too low?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

hi everyone,need ur advice...recently encounter some problem with my v6 gearbox....the gear will be "free" automatically while driving with an overdrive on....but its ok when turn off the overdrive...

Hope you all can give some advice before i send it to repair.

if u put (by default) overdrive ON, the gb will engage 4th gear.
if put OD OFF, the gb will limit to 3rd gear.
if the 4th gear is not engage (no feeling or free), it maybe becoz the end clutch already habis..

Last edited:
evo3 , rm6.5-7k without bodypart, tank, dashboard,absorber, stuff that cannot be fitted into perdana, u only get full set engine, ecu,gbox,IC,wiring etc.

Hi bros out there :)

Really need help from u guyz... I`ve done so many repairs on my Perdana Mivec V6 (A)engine but the problems still there... Well, the problem is, when i`m driving lets say about 90kms the car starts jurkin.. I dun think it`s a gearbox problem thou.. well tat`s what my foreman said. He also told me that the Mivec gearbox is very lasting gearbox but he stil can`t solve my problem. The problem started when i didn`t drive my car for more 8mths or start it cause i was away workin. Could it be that my petrol tank has rusted ("karat") from inside which caused this problems?

try checking your petrol filter, & your spark plugs.....suspect vapor already build inside as u never started your car a long time.

other than what danz said,
u can also check your fuel pump and the fuel pump filter (net looking thingy) it may be clogged.

easy bro. refer to posting by Izso.....
or simple just buy the atf cooler & let yr wshop pasang.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom