OMG! HELP!

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
i just installed my RG adjustable coilovers...and the ride height isnt that low..2 fingers at the front.

but the ride is DAMN bumpy....its like im in a roller coaster....BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY...

feel like im gonna puke everytime i drive the car...cornering is pretty alright...but then the ride comfort is horrible...

is this normal for adjustables. i've asked a few friends and they say its normal...

anyone out there have experience with RG's..? :unsure:

junauto

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Yes it's normal, if you want comfort only stock suspensions can give you that.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by junauto@Mar 3 2005, 13:04
Yes it's normal, if you want comfort only stock suspensions can give you that.
omigosh...so im gonna have to be bouncing for the rest of the time i use the adjustables....sheesh....

even lowering springs with good absorbers feel 100 times better....

would that be a better set up?

jwrx

Known Member
Apr 29, 2004
Visit site
Thats why i tried 3 different combinations of shock/spring combo before finally settling on Eibachs...before that i tried hotbits adjustables and Novitec..both too bouncy..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Mar 3 2005, 13:25
Nukiee,

it's a bit late, but you could have tested TiTANs, either your friend's, or our test cars...
i would love to get titans...

but my budget doesnt permit a 3k dent in the wallet... :(

junauto

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
I know how it feels, ashame la when bring old people, they ask "Why so bouncy ha?" thought the car has no quality, so not comfortable.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by junauto@Mar 3 2005, 14:48
I know how it feels, ashame la when bring old people, they ask "Why so bouncy ha?" thought the car has no quality, so not comfortable.
im not concerned if im driving alone...but if i have to charter my friends around arrr...sure make noise one...

"why so bouncy one?!"

that day my sister sat in the car....havent even turned out of our road also she asking edi...why so bumpy arrr why so bumpy..?

is there anyway i can reduce the bumpiness? like increase ride height or something??

the mechanic told me that ask u increase the height the compression of the spring is more...hence it becomes even more "loncat"

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
find someone to lower the damping rate, then match it with softer springs, but then... wouldn't it be back to square one edi?

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
try increase the ride height and see if it helps.. cause i tried before last time.. adjust the absorbers too low and when use it, so dem bumpy.. then had to adjust it higher... another thing could be the absorber inside abit weak liao... need servicing maybe ?

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
i used to have RGs on the 4 corners of my car. All sold liao. too bumpy. My other half cant stand a long trip on the car. felt like vomitting evrytime hehehe. I even changed to 250/30 spring oso bumpy. but cornering very syokkkk..

Increasing the height will help a bit.

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
im using RG too...i dun think mine is too bumpy...hard yes, of cos its hard..but dats the sacrifice i have to make...try pushing ur car down when stationary...will it move?? i know mine wont...the rear will move when i push but the front wont...yes, its that hard...but when driving, i dun think its that bad...

if u reli wan to get it softer, just go back to RG motor sports n ask the boss (Jack) to revalve ur shocks...mebe change to softer springs too if u wan..but its gonna cost u...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by wildboar@Mar 3 2005, 20:05
im using RG too...i dun think mine is too bumpy...hard yes, of cos its hard..but dats the sacrifice i have to make...try pushing ur car down when stationary...will it move?? i know mine wont...the rear will move when i push but the front wont...yes, its that hard...but when driving, i dun think its that bad...

if u reli wan to get it softer, just go back to RG motor sports n ask the boss (Jack) to revalve ur shocks...mebe change to softer springs too if u wan..but its gonna cost u...
sigh...everything also need money...

its really bumper right now...

when it was at max low...crazy...like bumper car...

now better

zane

Jan 28, 2005
Sorry for being a bit ignorant (newbie alert)... but what are those coilovers ( RG or Titan ) for? Why do you install it and have to bear with the bumpiness? :blink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I know this question ask for many times, i lazy to browse thru the thead lah...so kindly give some replylah.

Dear all sifus,

I planned to change my engine ( 4g 15 )...... to which ?? I am driving wira 1.5 manual ( FI ).

I know 4g91 is famous....any other ?? like 4g63, 4g63T

Which require hassle-free maintenence ? I mean easy to maintain like 4g15.
which Can use for long long time one ( i didn't plan to change my car for another 10 years ) ?
Reasonable fuel consumption.....like RM 50...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience