newspaper..dailyexpress,sabah

20vturbo

500 RPM
Kolombong F1 race foiled
01 November, 2004
Kota Kinabalu: City traffic police foiled an illegal car race that was about to be flagged off along the Lintas-Kolombong highway, here, early Sunday.

Detained was a suspected racer, a 22-year-old from Kota Belud and his Toyota whose engine was found to have been illegally modified to make it like a racing car.

Investigations revealed that the man, accompanied by a few friends in other vehicles from his district, drove to the State Capital in response to a challenge from another racer.

Eight traffic policemen led by Chief Insp. Ramli Mohamed on patrol vehicles initially spotted the presence of many people and stationary vehicles along the roadside when approaching the area, near the Puspakom office, at about 1.45am.

The people rushed into their vehicles and started to speed away on realising their presence. However, police managed to stop three of the vehicles, all from Kota Belud.

There were nine people inside the three vehicles, including the racer. But eight of them and two of the vehicles were released with a stern warning after they told the traffic policemen they were not involved in the illegal activity.

Ramli said the man the man was bailed out later, but his car was detained for further inspection by the Road Transport Department officials. He is expected to be charged in court for involvement in illegal car racing activity.

Ramli hoped it would serve as a stern warning to other motorists not to get involved in such activity.

i still can't grasp the governements logic on motorsports.
though i doubt most of us here in zth can grasp it anyway.

from the stories ppl tell me (and the ones i read here) the way the jpj/police issues summons to ppl are really subjective. 'made to look like a race engine' what if it was painted and plastered with TRD stickers and or other brands...sheesh!

Originally posted by 20vturbo@Feb 7 2005, 14:41
Toyota whose engine was found to have been illegally modified to make it like a racing car.

haih.... wat so big deal??? izit mod til like toyota F1 engine??? <_<

the few famous ones la if inside corolla.... 4AGZE, 4AGE ( red top, bluetop,silvertop or blacktop)

or is supra ma supra's engine lo. i duno the code... hehe... :D

wat a s****d statement??? <_<

if wira convert evo engine cal wat?

"Police caught a guy with a wira wic was modified to look like a 'monster' car to smoke all the other cars in the world"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

old GL with a 4ag are normally used by ahpeks wan la...where got race car? :ph34r:

GL is NOT a race car... :ph34r:

Originally posted by e39a@Feb 7 2005, 20:35
old GL with a 4ag are normally used by ahpeks wan la...where got race car? :ph34r:

GL is NOT a race car... :ph34r:
maybe the police still live in the 80's, so still think about old GL as race car. DX got race lar.. dunno about GL... maybe got also

Top Bottom